Giving Away, Coming Together

Steve straightened Bucky's tie, his hands shaking a little. He thought he'd been nervous at their own wedding, but it was nothing like how he felt now. Bucky's hand closed on his, holding it against his chest as he tilted Steve's jaw up, so their blue eyes met. A smile played over Bucky's lips. "Such a worrier," he said, his voice deep and gentle. He leaned in and Steve closed his eyes savoring the feel of Bucky's soft lips brushing against his. He'd shaved this morning and the familiar scruff was missing, letting him feel the softness of his lips, and the small hint of his tongue flicking out to taste him.

He gently pulled back and rested his forehead on Bucky's. "I can remember being in intensive care with her after she was born like it was yesterday. How can she be getting married?" Steve asked.

Bucky smiled and ruffled the back of Steve's hair. "Because that happened twenty-four years ago," he joked. "Now she's an all-grown-up Avenger who wants to start her own family. It's time that we let her go."

Twenty-four years. Twenty-four years of watching his children grow. From changing diapers to lullabies. Scratches and bruises. First days of school. Graduation ceremonies and Avenging. They weren't little kids anymore. He had never wanted to turn back the clocks as much as he did right now. It had seemed like the blink of an eye and he hadn't had the chance to appreciate them enough.

Not that he wasn't proud. He was so proud. Of Rebecca. Of all of them. Anthony had managed to work his way through both an undergraduate degree and a mechanical engineering postdoctorate. All while still working for the Avengers. He had moved out of the tower and taken up residence with the California Avengers.  He was working with the West Coast Avengers team and in research and development for Stark Industries. Sarah had studied business management and fine arts and had even spent four months in France studying chocolate making. She was still living at home and had started working in the chocolate shop. Rebecca had studied politics at Columbia while she also worked as an Avenger. She now had taken on Avenging full-time when she graduated. During all of this, she stayed both faithful and close to Alex. They both had been living together in their own place in the Tower since she'd graduated.

Today they were getting married and Steve wasn't sure he was ready.

"We'll still be her dad you know?" Bucky said, running his hands along the top of Steve's jacket. "She lives two floors down. You can go give her a dad speech whenever you want."

"I know. I just..." Steve said and shook his head.

"Don't wanna let your little precocious girl go?" Bucky said. "But it already happened. This is just the party. And we love Alex."

Steve sighed. "You're right."

"For a change," Bucky said. "Let's go see our girl in her dress."

You slid the zip of Rebecca's dress up and smoothed down the black tulle overlay on the back of her skirt

You slid the zip of Rebecca's dress up and smoothed down the black tulle overlay on the back of her skirt. "Turn around. Let me see."

Rebecca spun around and you took a step back and took her in. Her dress was black with intricate black lace embroidery making the bodice, and black tulle over an eggshell ball gown skirt. Her hair was up, and her makeup was done so her eyes were smoky and her lips are dark red.