Escape

While Kai had been taken and 'interrogated for information' as Kai described, the team had been making a plan of escape.

At first, Nya didn't want to escape. Jay wasn't dead, they don't know that for sure. That's what she thought earlier. But, they all came to terms with Jay's death, and she decided she should to.

She couldn't grieve now, now was the time to escape. So, she pushed those feelings away.

Now, Cole was playing dead on the floor, and everyone was crowding him.

"Help! Please! We need someone!" Nya was screaming.

When there was no one, it was Zane's turn.

"Please! We need assistance immediately!" Zane's voice echoed in the hall.

One of the small minions came up to them, key attached to her black gi.

"What is it now?!" She yelled into the cell.

"Our friend, he passed out! Can you help us please!" Lloyd shouted to her.

Looking around to make sure no one was there, she pulled out her keys.

She unlocked the cell, and walked in. The team spread apart, creating a space for the minion to kneel and get a good look at Cole.

Kai was behind the ninja, and used his cuffed hands to hit her in the back of head. She fell limply on the floor.

Cole got up abruptly, and pulled the keys out of her hand. Cole unlocked his handcuffs, and then proceeded to unlock the rest.

Cole clenched his fist's, turning on his 'lava arms' as Jay would have called it.

All the ninja jumped out. Cole pushed the earth up towards them, and they jumped onto the earth like stairs. Once they made it to the ground, they ran into the forest.

Nya pressed a hand to her ear, and began speaking.

"Pixal! Now!" Nya called.

All the ninja stopped in their tracks, and the bounty appeared over them. A ladder quickly dropped from the flying pirate ship.

Unlucky enough for them, a swarm of tiny minions came to attack them.

"I'll hold them off!" Kai yelled staying back.

"Kai don't-" Nya was about to say.

"Just go!" Kai put his fists up and prepared for the army.

Nya began climbing up the ladder, then everyone followed suit. Nya looked behind her, and Kai was fighting strongly. Until, a minion jumped up on his back. All the others followed suit, until she couldn't see Kai anymore.

"Kai!" Nya reached for her brother.

"Pixal." Lloyd put a hand to his ear. "Go now!"

"But what about Kai?!" Nya called to Lloyd.

"We can't take on all of them on our own. We'll have to come back for him." Lloyd replied.

Nya's face turned into a rageful one. First she looses Jay, now Kai? She can't lose anymore. The bounty took off, and the wind began brushing her rapidly. She would have to argue with Lloyd later.

They were all able to climb up the rope, and get onto the bounty's deck. The sky was a clear blue, and Pixal rushed to hug Zane.

Wu then walked out.

"Unsuccessful mission I assu-" Wu cut himself off. "Wait where's Jay? And Kai?"

The ninja bowed their heads down. Cole was the first to speak.

"Kai stayed behind to hold off the minions, and as for Jay.." Cole let his voice trail off, holding back tears.

Wu clutched his robe with his hand, shocked.

Nya whipped her tears, and stomped angrily over to Lloyd.

"You left Kai down there to rot!" Nya poked Lloyd in the chest. "He could die!"

"We'll get him back Nya-" Lloyd was fighting down the urge to break down.

"Like how we got Jay back!?" Nya was sobbing now.

Nya ran off, opening the door to slide into the bounty.

Lloyd began to cry. Why did he always have to be to stupid? Why couldn't he just be a good leader? Nya was right. Lloyd held himself, but found no comfort in his arms. They all counted on Lloyd to get them out of there, and he blew it.