Mission

Nya and Cole made their way to the museum by way of motor bikes, they were new and made by Pixal as a surprise for after their previous mission. It was dark by now, and the museum in question was closed, but that's not a problem for a ninja.

They weren't going to break in, two wrongs definitely don't make a right. However, the museum gave them the green light to enter after hours as they pleased. Nya decided to give them a call before their arrival and Wilson Frilis the owner of the museum, gave them the pin code to enter the establishment.

Nya got off her bike hesitantly, and walked over to the pin pad. Cole stepped in front of her, shielding Nya from anyone who possibly wanted the code for themselves.

Nya put in the code, and a quick but quiet beep sound followed. Cole and Nya walked over to the door, and the earth elemental pushed it open.

It was dark in the hollow museum for a few minutes, then the door closed and the lights flickered on just as quick. Nya and Cole let their masks down to get a better look at the place.

Murals, pots and furniture decorated the entrance, along with a desk to the right labeling prices for adults, children and the elderly.

A blue regtangle with a screen popped up from the ground in front of the two ninja. It looked like a skinny arcade cabinet, along with the words 'Cyrus Borg' labelled on the side.

As expected, Cyrus Borg's floating head appeared on the screen. 

"Welcome to the museum after hours, do you have a appointment?" Floating Cyrus said, looking from Cole to Nya.

There was a long pause, before Cole spoke.

"Yes?" He said hesitantly, not knowing what else to say.

"Perfect! Allow me to scan you now." Cyrus said cheerfully.

Then, a red light came from the middle of the machine forming a red light that scanned Cole's body. Then the light turned to Nya and scanned her aswell.

"Hello ninja Nya, and ninja Cole. Have a fun and recreational time!" Then, the Cyrus machine plunged itself back into the ground leaving Nya and Cole to stand alone. 

"Ok.." Was all Nya had to say about that interaction.

"So, where do you think this crystal is?" Cole asked, rubbing his skull.

Nya walked forward, Cole following as she did. She stopped at a place between two of the hallways. There were two signs in pinned on the wall between the two hallways.

One pointed to the left, 'Artifacts, written discovery's, and more'. The other pointed to the right, 'Crystals, Magic, and Magnificense'.

"I think it's safe to bet we go to the right." Nya began walking down the right hallway, and Cole followed.

The lights flickered on as they entered, and paintings the depicted usage of magic surrounded the walls. Well, it wasn't exactly magic, it was mostly depictions of elemental power in use from the days of old. But there was one painting though, one that made Nya stop to look at it.

"What is it?" Cole said, and joined at her side.

It was a ship sailing on the sea, along with the sail having a large skull emblem. There were small figures on the ship that Nya nor Cole could see. They just looked like an orange dot, a green dot, and a few other blurry ones. Strange orange mist surrounded the orange dot.

"I don't know." Nya traced her hand along the canvas. "I feel like I've seen this before."

Cole shrugged, not really interested in Nya's comment.

"Art can do that to you. I wouldn't worry about it." Cole replied nonchalantly.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Nya looked back at Cole, and the two made there way down the hall again.

It didn't take them long before they stopped at two glass doors that marked the end of the hallway. It was dark inside from what they could see, but it was probably the spot they were looking for.

Nya opened the door, gesturing to Cole.

"Ladies first." Nya bowed.

"Thank you sir." Cole bowed back, and entered the room. Nya followed.

It was dark in the room, one of the only lights that came was from blue dots on the celling that shifted and moved to mimic stars. Another light was a soft glow that came from a small gem in the centre of the room. There was also two small red dots which Cole assumed to be security camera's.

Cole approached the gem cautiously, unable to touch it due to the glass ceal.

"It's smaller than I thought it would be." Cole remarked, not turning his gaze away from the light blue gem.

Nya looked around the room attentively. It was a weirdly shaped room, it was round and wound straight up to the celling, which was round aswell. There was also large windows straight ahead on the celling, they showcased the real stars that decorated the night sky.

"So, what now?" Cole asked, standing next to Nya.

Nya nearly jumped as Cole pulled her from her trance.

"I don't know." Nya turned her head towards Cole. "Why would Kai lead us here?"

Cole cocked his head quickly towards the soft red glow that once lit up indicating the cameras were on.

"Nya, that camera just flicked off." Cole replied, slight fear in his voice.

They both darted their heads over to the other camera, who's light flicked off as soon as they did. Then, a quick creaking noise came from the few windows in the ceiling.

There, standing in the soft glow of the moon behind them, were four ninja dressed in black.

A/N:

This is not a chapter based around Nya and Cole having a romantic relationship. This is purely platonic, and I only see them as a platonic duo.

They could've been such a power house duo if the writers didn't do that stupid love triangle.