Training

Seleil looked around at her teammates, they were in a forest. They were lined up side by side in black ninja suits. The forest was earily quiet, the only sound audible was her own breathing.

It was an odd feeling of comfort, having a team forged together by their own manipulation. Each having their own struggles, but they came together forcefully to form a union.

Valgurous was standing infrontof them, wearing his suit and tie. Seleil looked away from her team, and onto Valgurous.

"Welcome team." Valgurous' arms were behind his back. "You have come here today to bring forth a newfound peace and prosperity throughout Ninjago. To root out the weak, and bring forth strength."

Everyone was silent for a few breaths, waiting for him to continue.

"To do that, you must keep anonymous. No speaking, no using your abilities, nothing to reveal your identities." Valgurous kept a steady tone. "You must learn to fight without powers."

Valgurous crossed his arms now, and again was silent for a few breaths.

"On a side note, you must not let them get into your heads. They are prone to sympathy, and will stop at nothing to turn you to their side. If you join their side, the deal is off." Valgurous' tone grew deeper at the end of that sentence.

His eyes scanned them attentively, scanning out weaknesses or hesitation.

"Now, you will spar. Use anything at your disposal. Use sharp sticks, the trees, your mind. Anything but the things that will allude them to your identity." Valgurous explained.

Then, his eyes landed on Jay and Kai who were standing beside each other, their arms at their sides.

"Jay and Kai, it is imperative you take on new fighting styles. Your team will root out who you are almost immediately by your stance. Chamile and Seleil have thrived by taking on the exact same fighting style." He approached the two boys now. "I advise that you do the same."

Valgurous backed up again, the cawing of birds echoed through the trees.

"Kai you will fight Chamile. Jay, you will fight Seleil." Valgurous let his arms lay at his sides. "Fight!" Valgurous shouted.

The immediate 'Fight!' that was called from Valgurous caught Jay off guard, and this gave Seleil a chance to kick at his side.

Jay groaned, but aimed to strike immediately at Seleil's face. She ducked of course, but it was a close call. Seleil slid in between Jay's legs, and almost hit the back of his neck as soon as she stood up. Jay grabbed Seleil's hand, and stared at her with a angled and focused look. Jay never looked like this before, and Seleil couldn't remember him being this fast.

Jay lifted Seleil's hand up, and went for the kill. He nearly punched her in the stomach, but Seleil bent Jay's arm behind his back just as he was in the motion.

Jay lifted his right arm and almost elbowed her in the face. Seleil ducked, but evidently losend her grip on his arm. Quickly, Seleil back flipped and then grabbed onto a tree that was conventionally close. She began climbing up the branches.

She wasn't running away, she knew that, she just needed to rethink her strategy. Seleil doesn't remember his attacks being this agressive and quick. She had to be swift, and move with elegance to avoid getting trapped his Jay's anger.

From the other tree, Jay was flipping from one branch to another. What was he doing?

Suddenly, Jay latched onto a vine that was hanging near him. He let his feet let go of the sturdy branch he was on, and began to swing over to Seleil. Quickly, she also grabbed a nearby vine to meet him in the middle. Seleil's feet let go of the branch as soon as her hands met the vine.

Seleil was swinging at a high speed, almost next to Jay. She could tell by the way his right arm losely clung to the vine, that he was going at attempt a punch. A poorly thought out attack, Seleil thought Jay was smarter than that.

She didn't think to much though, as she was a second away from Jay now. Before Jay could throw a punch, she raise her leg and it hit him directly in the stomach. Jay quickly fell from the vine. Seleil wasn't worried, Jay knew how to land. She knew he'd done it tones of times before.

Seleil landed on the opposing tree, looking down at Jay. He'd made it down safely of course, but now he was flipping from branch to branch on the very same tree Seleil had landed herself on.

Since when has Jay been so aggressive? Valgurous had made Chamile and herself study all the ninja. Jay calculated his attacks, and he was swift with his movements. He never tried to strike a devastating blow, afraid she assumed. But now Jay was fighting as if he had gone for the kill.

"Stop!" Valgurous called.

Jay and Seleil flipped down from the tree, meeting Kai and Chamile. They stood infront of Valgurous attentively.

"I have your first mission."