Clues

Lloyd was tired to say the least. Tired of losing, tired of fighting, tired of living. He assumed his team felt the same. Assume being the key word here. In truth, Lloyd had been locked away in his room ever since he and the team got away from the temple.

Lloyd was laying on his bed, his arms at his sides. His green eyes fixated on the ceiling fan, blowing his blonde hair gently. The green sheets felt eerily discomforting from under him, but he did nothing to fix that problem.

A thought hit the ninja in green, were they even a team now? With Jay...departed, Kai lost, and the rest left to their own devices, he wouldn't really call that a team.

Normally, Lloyd would be the one to pick the team back up. Give them a great speech about how it's time to move on, and push his own feelings aside to lift the rest of the team up. But, he couldn't even lift himself up. He was done. In truth, he didn't even know if he wanted to be a ninja anymore.

Lloyd heard chatter from outside his door, he assumed it was Wu, by the tone of voice.

"We have to go. Who else is going to stop them?" Wu tapped his staff gently on the floor.

"It's just a bank robbery, the police can handle it."  That was most definitely Cole. "Just let us grieve!"

"Ninja don't rest." Wu's voice grew angry. "Neither does evil."

"It's just a bank robbery! Like I said, the police can handle it! We should focus on finding Kai!" There was a weird tone in Cole's voice, one that shook Lloyd to his core. Cole had never snapped like that.

Lloyd had enough of it. Even if Wu was his uncle, and his only family, he wouldn't stand for what he was saying.

Lloyd sat up on his bed slowly, and walked to the oak door. He placed his hand gently on the gold nob, and turned it. Once he opened it, he saw Cole, his right finger laying on Wu's chest. Wu had a angered expression on his old face, but Cole's was far more inraged compared to that of Wu's.

The two looked at Lloyd, their eyes wide. Lloyd then furrowed his brows, his eye bags adjusting slightly.

"We need to grieve." Lloyd's tone of voice deepened. "I don't care what you say uncle. It is just a robbery, we will grieve. If anything, we should put priority on finding Kai like Cole said."

The two looked at Lloyd in estonishment, shocked at his deep tone of voice. Wu looked at Lloyd, his deep and menacing tone reminded the old man that Lloyd was still his father's son.

After a few breaths, Lloyd closed the door again. Cole and Wu were left to stare at each other. Cole lowered his finger that he realized that had been up this whole time, and walked away.

"C'mon!" There was a smashing noise coming from the central computer on the bounty.

Cole knew it was Nya of course, and he walked over to her.

The large computer screen had a map lit up on it, with a few lines tracing a path to a red dot. Almost like a treasure map.

Cole placed his hand on Nya's shoulder, and the water elemental almost jumped. Her blue eyes fixated themselves on Cole's brown ones.

"Oh Cole, it's just you." Nya breathed. "Thought it was Wu again."

"Nope. But do I really look that wise?" Cole stroked a imaginary beard.

Cole was never good at jokes, Jay was always the one left to do that job. Man, Jay was good at that job. Jay could pick anyone up with a simple one liner.

Cole was relieved when Nya gave a small chuckle in response.

"So," Cole began hesitantly. "Any news on Kai?"

"His signal ends right about.." Nya dragged her finger towards the temple. "Here."

"Any plan to rescue him?" Cole began, staring into Nya's eyes questioningly.

"We might have a chance, and I definitely have a plan in mind. But Lloyd and Zane don't look like they can follow through." Nya explained, still staring at the map.

"I'd go with you." Cole replied, brushing his decently long hair from out of his face.

Nya gave no response, squinting slightly at the map, her eyes trained on something in the corner.

"Pixal is handling the robbery right?" Cole asked, trying to make the conversation less awkward.

Nya shushed Cole quickly, typing things on the computer and turned on a news report. Gale gossip appeared on the screen, speaking into the mic about something inaudible. Nya turned up the volume using a button on the corner of the keyboard of the computer.

"Here is what scientist are calling 'the jewel of the century'!" The reporter in pink stood cheerily.

Gale Gossip stood in front of a clear blue crystal in a case. She was obviously in a museum of some sort, and the head line underneath read 'Mysterious crystal, what power does it hold?'.

"Found at the bottom of the ocean, this jewel is said to hold great power, but what power we are unsure of." Gale Gossip continued, turning her tone down to make the object in question sound more mysterious.

"What is this Nya?" Cole asked, still looking at the news report.

"I've been wondering why there was a jumble of numbers and letters under Kai's coordinates. If you reassemblethe letters, it leads to this link." Cole didn't look at Nya, still focusing his attention to the screen.

"What is Kai trying to tell us?" Cole asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No idea. But if I know Kai, he didn't just take a risk sending this link to us for no reason." Nya replied, recalling her hot headed brother.

"Wait Nya, where is this crystal being held?" Cole looked away from the screen this time, and towards Nya.

Nya looked back at him. "I think you might be on to something." She then began typing something into the computer, and Cole darted his eyes towards the screen.

A white page popped up on the screen, with some information and a little photo of the museum on the right side.

"Ninjago's Discovery Museum. Home to Ninjago's newest and latest discoveries. Located on Fairway Street." Nya read, then looked at her raven haired companion for a response of some kind.

"Alright." Cole punched a fist into his hand. "Let's start this investigation."