remorse (unfinished)

Kai was certain of three things at the moment.

One, that Valgurous would to anything to get what he wants. Two, that he was terrified of what would happen if his team couldn't stop Valgurous on their own. And three, that Jay was acting weird.

Jay had always been weird, and Kai knew that.

The way Jay would always crack a joke whenever he was truly scared. The way Jay always helped others but never himself. The way Jay would lie about silly little things that didn't need to be lied about. The way Jay helled back in battle.

All weird and foreign concepts to Kai.

But, that's what made Jay, Jay. And that's why Kai liked him, why Kai couldn't get the little things about Jay out of his head.

So yeah, Jay was weird.

But, now Jay was a different kind of weird.

The kind of weird that fights with rage and destruction. The kind that's silent and hides away from his companions. The kind that gives his friend a head injury with no remorse.

"You have to talk to him, y'know." Chamile suggested, picking up more noodles with her chopsticks.

Kai was shooken from his thoughts, looking up towards his purple haired teammate. "I know." Kai scooted his chair towards the table and inch more towards the empty space on the table where his food once sat. "Doesn't mean I want to."

"We all know Jay hasn't been himself lately." Seleil plays with her noddles rather than eating the last bit she has left in her bowl. "Even in training, it's like he was trying to kill me."

Kai looked away, not wanting to hear anymore.

Then, he stood up and made his way down the right hallway.