Chapter 7

John stared at you. You couldn't understand how calm he was as he looked at the barrel of the gun.

'John I-'.

'Are you alright?'

Oh wow, really?

'Uh, I think so, yeah'.

'Are you hurt?'

You actually go and make a show of checking yourself, he must have thought you had been hurt seeing as you were slightly covered in blood, 'oh, this isn't my blood, it's that guy's blood', you point over to Harry.

'Can you get out of the car please'.

Jesus, this guy's polite.

You're still holding the gun as you hop out and John motions for you to hop into his, 'we need to get you somewhere safe'.

'Huh? What the hell was all this about? Who were these-'.

'I'll explain a little later, now come on, get in the car'.

You don't need to be told the third time as you slip into the passengers seat of the black Mustang.
John slides in right next to you and starts the car and the two of you are back on the road.

'You were at my house last night'.

You blood ran cold when you heard him, 'uh... What?' You couldn't stop your voice from shaking, which was a good indication to John that he was right.

'You shouldn't have come to my house. Why did you come to my house?'

That was a good question, why did you, you could have been killed.

'I... I don't know, I saw those men approach your house and I just... I don't know'.

You understood yourself in your own mind but trying to explain it was so hard. But luckily John seemed to understand where you were coming from.

'I appreciate you feeling worried for me but now I can't let you go'.

That would have sounded romantic if we weren't in this sort of situation.

'What do you mean? You can't let me go? I can just pretend nothing had-'.

'They know who you are, they won't stop until they get to-'.

'How come I'm the one in danger?'

John was silent for a few moments before sighing, 'you're my neighbour, but they assume we're partner'.

Uh say what?

'Huh? Partners? As in lovers?'

You could see John grip the steering wheel tightly, 'yes, they've seen the routes we take. We go down the same route every single time. So they've assumed we're together'.

Okay, now that's fucking hilarious.

You couldn't help but let out a short laugh, 'seriously? Jesus, we haven't even spoken and suddenly we're dating'.
You found this quite ridiculous and now you were growing quite agitated, 'alright, so what do I have to do? Kill myself or something?'
John frowns, his eyes flicking over to you for a few seconds, 'what? I- no, don't kill yourself, I mean I have to keep you safe'.

Oh, oops.

'So... Who are you really?'

'I'll tell you when we get to the place'.

'Place? What place?'

'The Continental'.

The what?