Chapter 27

Sure, you were going to control this machine. But who's to say you were going to do it right. This was the chance to destroy it, but you had to find a way to break it. You didn't even know how it worked for god sake and what Lady Jane was telling you, you were barely paying any attention.

A loud alarm went off and you quickly covered your ear, but Lady Jane didn't do so. She smiled down at you in excitement, 'it seems that the machine is quicker than I thought', she brings you over to a seat which was placed in front of a couple of screens. 

'You'll be working off of this one'.

Your heart was pounding when you sat down, your fingers hovering over the keyboard, and yet you still didn't know what you were doing.

Shit.

You watch as Lady Jane works on a second computer, 'we're going to break the net', she sneered and you looked down at your hands to see them shaking.

'Get ready to hit that blue button on your right'.

Lady Jane snapped and you stared down at it for a few moments, think girl, you have to think! How're you going to-.
A loud crash could be heard and the both of you looked up to see the doors bursting open.

Oh shit.

John rushes in, his gun is raised but not pointing at anyone, just yet.
The first person he saw was you and you heart sank when you saw complete utter confusion and betrayal.

It's not what you think!

You go to stand but Lady Jane yells at you, pulling your attention away from John. She held, yet another gun at you, 'don't even think about moving. When I say so, you push that button and-'.
Before she could finish the sentence, a loud bang went off and the gun from her hand went flying.

Now!

You do whatever you can to fuck the computer up, you did your best. The blue button is left alone, the last thing you needed was for you to hit it and all hell breaks loose.

'No!'

Lady screamed when she saw what you were doing, 'what're you doing!? You're going to destroy it!'

'Exactly!'

You scream back at her.
You watch John on the other side of the room, his eyes were on you for a few moments, 'go John!' You scream to him and you watch him rush towards the machine.

'John! Don't you fucking dare!'

Lady Jane lunges at him and the two of them fall to the ground, away from Silas, fucking hell I have to do all the work myself.
You managed to pull yourself away from the computer and grab a stray screwdriver on one of the workbenches.
You notice John and Lady Jane fighting, two assassins against each other, the fight would almost be never ending.
You plunges the screwedriver into one of the sockets and the machine begins to stutter as it struggles from the sudden dangerous intrusion of it's circuts. Now was the moment to finish what John had failed to do so many years ago. You could hear Lady Jane screaming for you to stop, but you don't, you don't look back, you keep on attacking the machine. A machine you thought, never existed. Silas was dead.
You fall back when a jolt of electricity rushes through you and you fall back.

'(Y/N)!'

You hear John call out your name, but you paid no mind to him as you watched Lady Jane stagger over to the machine, 'no! You fucking bitch! How dare you!' She screamed at you as she tried to pick up the pieces, but you watch in horror as Lady Jane seizes from the electric shock from the machine.
You're lifted up into strong arms and whisked away, your vision fails and everything goes black.