Chapter 9

When John returned you had some questions but you weren't so sure if he would answer them. They were personal ones, but seeing as you were going to be around him for god knows how long, you thought it would be nice to get to know him properly.

'So John? Do you have a family?'

Like as said before, you hadn't really spoken to him and all that, so you were just assuming. 
John freezes before speaking, 'I don't really want to talk about that, I'm sorry'.

Oops.

'You're right, I'm sorry'.

'It's quite alright'.

He passes a file to you, 'this is some information on the woman, her name is Lady Jane. Figuring seeing as you'll be here for some time, you should learn about the person you're being protected from'.
You flip open the file and you're met with a picture of a beautiful woman, holy shit! You didn't understand why she was the enemy. She was beautiful, maybe she could have dated John. Your heart sank when you thought of him and Lady Jane.

Over my dead body!

Your phone begins to vibrate and you look up just in time to see John enter the bathroom. 
You answer quickly and you hear your father's voice.

'Honey?'

'Dad? What's wrong?'

You could sense that something was wrong.

'What's wrong? Are you and mum okay?'

'Honey, your mother and I are at the hostpital and-'.

'What!? What happened?'

'It's your mother, she collapsed and we found out that she has some sort of disease'.

You begins to shake as you take in the conversation, mum's sick? You about to speak but the phone is ripped away from your ear and you see John end the call.

'No phones. I know I have mine but-'.

'You asshole! I was talking to my father!'

'You can talk to him-'.

'My mother has some sort of disease okay!? She collapsed and they're both at the hostpital!'

You can see him falter for a few moments before sighing, he didn't give your phone back. Instead, he shoves it into his pocket, 'I have to get your phone checked-'.

'What for!? There's nothing on there!'

'Your phone number is on the system. Lady Jane can track you, so I have to put a new SIM into your phone'.

Your heart is pounding as you begin to fight, your adrenalin is running high, 'are you fucking kidding me!? What about my friends and family! Especially my parents! They need me the most. I shouldn't even be here!'
You're going on a rant, you know but seeing John just stand there and not react was pissing you off even more.

'Fuck you John!'

You snap and everything went silent.

'Are you done?'

He finally responds and you're left speechless. 
He turns and heads to the door, 'I'll be back soon-'.

'I don't care'.

You turn away from him and curl up on the bed, this shit sucks.
You hear the door shut and you know that you're finally alone. Your heart has sunken as you think about what your father is thinking. He would be panicking. Not knowing why you hung up on him. He might take it the wrong way, and that scared you the most.

If only I had minded my own business. Maybe I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.