Chapter 23

The moment you stood up you keeled over. John was able to catch you in time.

'Jesus, that was intense!'

The both of you burst out laughing, 'I don't regret it', John says gently, holding you close to him. He looks over to the bathroom, 'we should wash up', you pull away from him and try your best to walk on your own, but halfway, John ends up carrying you.

'This looks really stupid'.

You hid your face in his neck and he chuckles.
The bathroom was colder than in the room that's for sure and you found yourself not wanting to let go of John, but he had to peel you off of him, 'shower, not the bath', he shoved you inside before slipping in after you.
The water bit at your skin and the room grew foggy. You stood under the water for god knows how long and John did the same, holding you close to his burning body. You hum in satisfaction and wrap your arms around his waist before leaning up to kiss him. He coaxes your mouth open to shove his tongue inside.
You kiss for what seems like forever and you feel his hot hands roam around your body.

'Can we-'.

John stops you gently, 'we should stop it here for now. We weren't using protection'.

Oh shit.

You begin to panic and John senses it and he pulls you close, 'shhh, it's alright, it's going to be fine'.
You try to believe him, but you know that you've risked it. But even though you were scared, you were also excited, in some sort of sick way. You wouldn't mind having John's kids and he didn't sound too worried himself.

When this is all over, then we can see.

The feeling of his hands on your body was enough for you for now, and you thought about the things he would do to you later... If there ever was going to be a later. Lady Jane had to be out of the picture. She couldn't take John from you because he was now yours.

'Hey'.

You look up at John, an amused look crossing his face, 'you're gripping my arms real tight', you let go of him quickly, 'sorry'.

The thought of him being taken away from you had scared you to death. So you were going to make sure that no one could hurt him, even though it was clear that he was quite capable of taking care of himself.

You need to act smart though. He knows best, and if you go running out trying to save his ass, which is already saved, then you may get killed.

You pull John closer to you and he hesitates, sensing some uneasiness in your figure, but he doesn't say anything, he just holds you.

Marcus sat in the large armchair near the blazing fireplace, 'she can't keep fucking running, that's all she's ever done. And Flint can't go back there, not after he revealed himself', you watch the worried lines in his face, 'I don't know John, I- I don't know if we'll be able to catch her properly'.
John rests his hand on Marcus's shoulder, 'I think the only one who can is me, Marcus. She wants me after all'.

I wish she didn't need you.

'There's only so much Winston can do, he's done his best. But all he can do it keep you safe in here'.

'I know. I don't expect anything else, he's done good. But this fight is between me and Jane'.

And me.

You tense up when John looks over at you, 'I have a stronger reason to fight as well', your heart skips a beat when you hear those words.
He's fighting for you now, so you better not fuck this up.