Chapter 26

They had blond folded you before pulling you out of the car. Your heart was pounding when you were guided by rough hands, your feet stumbling over some loose gravel.
The sound of doors opening caught your attention, and your toes hit the steps and you struggle to climb the steps.
Your body was engulfed with heat as you enter a room, 'take the cloth off', Lady Jane ordered and you shut your eyes quickly the moment they took the blindfold off, 'shit', you rubbed your eyelids roughly before looking around.

'What is this place?'

'That doesn't concern you'.

It kind of does.

You follow Jane through a few hallways and all the way to an office, 'how many fucking places do you live in?'

'I have too many'.

She motions for you to sit, 'so, I've reached halfway through Silas but I need another set of hands'.

'So I'm guessing it's gonna be my hands?'

Lady Jane nodded, 'it's going to be hard, but it's going to work', you watch as she pulled out a couple of files, 'these have helped me through it all. This mustn't fall into John's hands'.

You're betraying him.

You heart sinks when you think about what John would be doing and he'd be feeling the moment he finds out that you're gone. Taken from your room the moment he turns his back.

You take the files from Jane and went throught them, but you honestly didn't know how to read this, so you rely on Jane.

'I uh- I don't know any of this, I don't think I'd be the right person to talk to'.

'Well you're already here, so I suggest you learn, otherwise I'll have to kill you because you already know too much'.

You gulped and looked down at the documents in your hands, 'fine... What do I have to do?' Lady Jane gave you a wide smile before heading over to a door on the far side of the room, 'come, I have to show you Silas'.

'Wait- Silas is a person?'

'No, not quite, now come on'.

You follow her inside with any hesitation, not even thinking about your safety. 
She leads you down a dark hallway and into another room, a much bigger room. Your eyes land on a machine that sat in the center.

'Is that-'.

'Project Silas'.

Lady Jane smiled in triumph as she approached it slowly, reaching out and touching the small keypad on the machine.

'I lost almost everything when John attacked this place. I thought it was all over'.

'So... It's not yet ready, and once it's done, you're going to hack the Governments system?'

She nodded with glee, 'yes, that's what I've always wanted', she tapped one of the screws, 'I think it'll be done by tonight?'

'How long has it been under the works?'

She looked you in the eye, 'for a while now, and I'm not going to extend that time any further', she motions for you to come closer, 'it's not going to bite you, it's just a machine. You'll be controlling-'.

'Wait- wait, I'm going to be controlling it?'

She nodded, 'this machine needs two people to work with', you're close to telling her to fuck off, but you remember when she told you a few moments ago. She will kill you because you knew too much.

'Fine, so... Show me the ropes'.

What're you doing!?