Chapter 25

Lady Jane stood before you, her bright red lips stretched into a smile, 'well, you look lovely today', she spoke up as she walked into the room.

'So, John's not here'.

'Where did you lead them?'

'Oh to my old hideaway'.

'Smart'.

You wait for her to continue. She turned to you.

'Look, John says that what I'm doing-'.

'Is bad, yes, I know'.

She hummed, 'yes, but I can show you so much with what I have. You'll understand me, maybe you'll even join me, forget about John-'.

'So you can have him?'

She rolled her eyes, 'honey, no, not anymore. He's made it clear that he wants nothing to do with it, and although that hurts, I've got you I can talk to'.

'It's gonna take a lot more to convince me... I don't think I'll join you anyway'.

She stepped towards you and sneered, 'there's no point staying by John's side for godsakes, he's not yours!'

'Huh, sounds like you're not entirely over him'.

'So, what if I'm not, I can still eliminate you- but this is genuine. I'm offering a position by my side to help me with Project Silas'.

'What happens when it fails?'

She smiles down at you and shakes her head, 'it won't fail, I'll make sure of it', a shiver ran down your spine as you think things through. Your next few steps had to be careful, very careful because John wasn't here to protect you... Then again, the hotel couldn't really protect you either, not unless they knew who was attacking you.

'Well...'.

Be very careful.

'Show me what you've got'.

You didn't go through the main lobby, no, you went through one of the mainy windows on your level. Lady Jane hadn't come alone, you notice a few men waiting for the both of you by a black car.

'So what? Are you going to tie me up or something? Put me in the boot of your car?'

'Would you like me to do that?'

'Fuck no! What is wrong with you?'

Lady Jane chuckled, 'whatever you say honey', she motioned for one of the men to open the car door, 'after you'.

The car ride was silent and you weren't allowed to look out the window, which you understood but that scared you aswell. John and Marcus would have no clue where you are and- hold on.
You shift a little and you were relieved when you felt your phone in your pocket, just like before.

You can do this. You can get rid of this woman soon.

Of course, you were still curious about Project Silas. But then maybe you can destroy it, John had nearly done it before, maybe you could do it this time. You just had to make sure that Lady Jane wouldn't save it.

'I can see you're planning something. I suggest you stop right there, you're not in the position to do anything stupid'.

She shrugged.

'Or, you could try it and we'll see where that lands you'.

'I'm not planning anything. I'm just thinking about how I got here'.

'Ah, life is wonderful is it not?'

'Not really'.

You were close to looking out the window but you stopped yourself, 'well once I have through the systems, then everything should be fine', Lady Jane mumbled.