Chapter 18

The car ride to Donna Park was quiet but you had chosen to stay quiet.
It was clear that John wanted to say something, but he was smart enough to not talk right now. He would be facing the one woman to whom he grew hostile, and you were facing the lady who wanted to kill you.

When you reached the park you didn't hop out immediately, taking a few deep breaths, you flinched when you felt John's warm hand on your knee.

'Come on'.

He pushed you gently and you slowly got out of the car with him. Your eyes searched the area quickly to see if there was anyone there.

'There she is'.

John suddenly said and your eyes whipped around towards the centre of the park where an old stone fountain. 
Lady Jane was dressed differently but she still looked like the beautiful woman you had seen before.

The two of you approached her and she smiled when her eyes met yours, 'well, here we are, we meet once again and I mean that for the both of-'.

'What do you want Jane'.

John stood slightly in front of you as if to shield you though there wasn't really any point. You were out here with him, so you were already in a vulnerable state.

'I'll be truthfull here'.

She said and John chuckled darkly, 'yes? I doubt that was very true to me', she didn't take the bait.

'You know of Project Silas?'

John sighed in annoyance, 'Jane, we spoke about this- I thought I-'.

'Stopped it? Destroyed it? No, you didn't, I managed to save it John. I know you well enough to clean up the mess you made'.

Project Silas?

Lady Jane noticed your confusion and she smiled, 'ah, she's only thinking about our relationship, how sweet. But this isn't about that, not anymore'.
You noticed John tense as Lady Jane continued to talk, 'you will help me finish this project and-', he shook his head, 'what makes you think I'd help you?'
She gave hima small smile before looking you straight in the eye, 'well, my henchmen were able to get into The Continental without hurting your precious partner. I'd say I'll have her again in my grasp-'.

'That's enough!'

John completley stepped in front of you this time, fully shielding you from the woman's steel gaze.

'If you don't want my men to hunt her down, you do as I say John'.

She tutted, 'it's such a shame. You wouldn't fight too hard if you hadn't had someone to protect', she smiled gleefully, 'but now you have someone and you know I love to fuck around with feelings'.

'You can't break through the systems of the Government. It's suicide Jane'.

'Oh, but you know I like living on the edge'.

'You'll get caught'.

'I don't think so, especially seeing as I have you'.

John's hands clentched together and you could tell that he was on the end of his tether, 'I can't help you-', you hear a clicking sound and you feel John tense up like before.

'I could kill you and then her. You see, I don't intend to see you leave and live on with your life. I won't have that. I'd rather see you die'.

Jesus, this woman is sick!

John was silent for a few moments before sighing, 'fine... I'll help you- but don't you fucking dare touch (Y/N)'.
Lady Jane lifted the gun away and put her hand up as a sign of surrender, 'fine, I won't touch her- unless you give me a reason to'.
You hope that John won't do anything stupid. You trusted him, but then you were in a game played by professionals, so could you really trust him to keep you alive?