Chapter 28

'So you're saying that she had an actual machine in her hideout? The one that (Y/N) was in?'

You could recognise Marcus's surprised tone, 'I didn't think she would have something like that. When you went to destroy it, it wasn't a damn machine it was-'.

'A program, that was all. I guess she upgraded'.

You hear John speak up and you move just a little, not wanting to startle the men. You still want to listen in on them.

'So, (Y/N) was there, helping Jane?'

I can explain!

You hear John sigh, 'yes I- well I'm not so sure, I only walked in and saw her at the machine and then all of a sudden she attacked it. I'm confused. I have to talk to her'.
Your heart is pounding when everything went silent for a few moments until Marcus spoke up, 'alright bud, I'll let you go, you should probably talk to her', you hear Marcus leave the room and your palms begin to sweat.

The bed dips on your side and you know that John is next to you, 'I know you're not sleeping anymore (Y/N)'.
You can hear how firm his tone is and you're afraid.  Of course, you open your eyes because you didn't want to play games with him.

'What was going on in your head when you did that?'

John says, he doesn't look you in the eyes which makes your chest hurt. It was clear that he was disappointed in you.

'Look John I- she was standing right outside my door and- I dunno, I thought of a plan about going with her-'.

'She could have killed you (Y/N), did it not occur to you what happened before? Before the damn machine came into this?'

It's your turn to look away from him in shame, because you know what you did was fucking stupid and you felt like a damn child being reprimanded by an adult.

'I- I know, I shouldn't have done what I did but- look, I was sick and tired of you guys running around-'.

'Though I have to be admit, you've impressed me, but I'm still not happy with you'.

'I know it looked like I was helping her. But it was the-'.

'Only way to get close to the damn thing. Yes, I figured that out'.

You're glad that John Wick wasn't dumb, otherwise he would have killed you for sure. You sigh and lean back against the pillows, 'god, I can't believe I did all of that', you wiggle your fingers but hiss in pain, your eyes glanzing down at your hands.

'Oh shit'.

You took note on how burst they were, 'hold on, I forgot the wet towls', John was quick to retrieve them and help you with your hands.

'Jesus, you really did a number on them'.

He mumbled and you kept your eyes on his own hands, they were strong but smooth. A hand that would wrap around a deadly gun.

'I'm sorry'.

You whisper and you see John's hands falter for a moment, 'I know', you hear him say and you close your eyes.

'You found me yet again'.

You say and he chuckled lowly, 'it's your damn phone, it's got that-'.

'Chip, yeah I know, that's why I wasn't too worried because I knew you'd track me down'.

John lifts your chin up so that you could look at him, 'god I lost you back there. When I came back to the room and found you gone', he tucked a stray strand of hair behind your right ear, 'god I was terrified because of last time'.

'I'm sorry John, I didn't mean to scare you I- she was there and I-'.

'I know'.

His fingers then ghost over your dry lips, 'you don't have to explain to me again, I know', he presses his forehead against yours and the both of you sit still for a few moments.

'Can I kiss you?'

You found those words leaving your mouth.