War Log #23: Allied Friendships

Great Britain - Portsmouth Naval Base - September 30, 1943

2 months and 20 days have passed ever since the Battle of North Atlantic or Operation Lone Wolf, operated by one British battleship against 2 German battleships and 2 light cruisers, this ended up losing one German battleship and one light cruisers, destroying most of Germany's ships which made the Fuhrer angry by this.

Many convoys from the United States of America were delivered to Great Britian and to the Soviet Union with British forces supporting the operation.

American naval forces also come as well, but with dividing the workload as most US Navy ships focused on the Pacific War with the Empire of Japan.

The battleship then was ordered to join the naval bombardments on the Invasion of Sicily, followed by the Liberation of Italy after that campaign. As progress goes, half of Italf was liberated as the newly formed Italian government signed an armistice. This armistice made Italy officially part of the Allies, which the Germans aren't happy about this betrayal.

Thus the north part of Italy, which included Rome was occupied by Germany, now pushing the Allied forces back, but the Soviet Union continues to push forward closer to Germany.

After that, the battleship was docked on Portsmouth along with other warships for the mean time as there are no emergencies or reports from the Admiralty, only reports of successful convoy runs with both American and British forces.

On this occassion, Ad. Valluard was given a break along with other naval officers as their success in pushing German forces on both water and land.

On Portsmouth, the ships HMS Vanguard and HMS Howe were both docked together, awaiting for any future operations leading up to fight against the Germans.

Ad. Valluard: Good morning.

Sailor #54: Good morning Admiral Valluard.

Harold: Good morning Sir!

Lieutenant #21: Good morning to you as well.

Sailor #43: Got any reports?

Ad. Valluard: None. Ever since our operation in the invasion of Sicily, we have gotten nothing, except for those ships who are sent to be on artic convoys.

Lieutenant #42: Ah, that battle, has the Queen Mary lost action or something?

Ad. Valluard: She's continuing her troop convoy course from America to here in Liverpool before going to Italy.

Lieutenant #42: I see.

Ad. Valluard: Well, I'm going to the port, nothing to see there.

Harold: Man, what about the flute session you once teached us on our first day?

Ad. Valluard: That's... well, if there are still music schools who wanted us both to join in amidst of the war.

Harold: Oh, bummer. And I wish I could learn a lot of your techniques, just as you did on the Vanguard.

Ad. Valluard: Well, rather than being a gentleman at the bridge like the other officers on the other warships, I rather tend to be loud than silent orders.

Harold: Really? And I thought Americans can only do that.

Ad. Valluard: Just my own way of ordering to open fire.

Harold: Well, I just hope that after the war, you'll return to teach me and new students on the ways of the flute.

Ad. Valluard: If I can make it out alive, then I'll take it.