A New Life

You grabbed onto a pipe hoisting yourself up. You heard Vi call down from above you.

Vi: We're almost there.

You looked up to see Vi already pulling herself up and over the edge.

Vi: Hey Powder. Come take a look.

You grabbed onto the ledge and jumped up onto the roof. Looking down you saw Powder scaling up a pipe. With Mylo and Claggor close behind. You offered a hand to her as she climbed up which she gingerly accepted. Pulling her up she smiled at you and you smiled back. She then turned to where Vi was standing and approached her.

Powder: Whoa.

Vi: Its nice getting above it all huh?

You walked up to them and before you was one of the most beautiful sights you had ever seen. All of Piltover could lied in front of you. With its glistening buildings and towering structures, it was a sight to behold. The Lanes and the underground would always be your home, but you couldn't deny the topsides beauty. 

Suddenly an airship flew overhead making all of you turn your heads.

Powder: One day, I'm gonna ride in one of those things.

Mylo: And one day, I'm gonna shoot one of 'em down.

He said this as you watched him hold up his hand in the form of gun miming shooting it. Vi moved past him knocking his arm out of the way. And you followed her hitting him on the head as you passed by.

Claggor: Vi, are you sure about this? Look if we get caught, we're--

Vi: We're not gonna get caught.

You watched as Vi jumped down to a lower roof. And you stood back letting everyone go ahead while you took the rear.

Vi: We'll be in and out before anyone notices.

You saw Vi come to a stop and you quickly looked around making sure no one was watching or following.

Vi: Alright everybody follow me. Just don't look down.

You watched as Vi slid down the roof stopping herself on an edge propelling herself off of it and onto a nearby balcony window. She scurried along the railing facing the street below. Jumping off of it to the roof on the other side. She was definitely the most agile among you.

You then proceeded to watch Mylo and Claggor perform the same move albeit a little less gracefully. But they both made it to the other side. You even saw Claggor land with a cupcake in his mouth. 

Claggor: Couldn't we have at least walked there?

Vi: Gotta stay out of sight for this one.

You then looked over to Powder who was standing over the ledge looking down. You could see her tense up and you could hear her shaky breath.

Mylo: Called it. This is on you and Y/n, Vi.

Claggor: I'll get her.

Vi: No. She'll be fine.

Then you heard her call over to you.

Vi: You got her Y/n?

Y/n: Don't worry. She'll be alright.

You walked over to Powder placing a hand on her shoulder and crouching so you were at her eye level. Just like how you used to do with your sister. Flashes of her in the fog and rain clutching her elephant to her chest pierced your thoughts but you quickly pushed them down and focused on Powder.