A Strange Alliance

It had grown dark outside. The rain pattered lightly against the window as the moon lit the streets. Illuminating Piltover in a fain glow. And high up above the council building stood. Looking down upon the city almost mockingly. And there you were sleeping soundly inside the laboratory of the building. But past that far out beyond the winding streets and towering buildings. A small figure could be seen running across the dock. His leg glowing with a low purple glow as he ran across the wet stone. But meanwhile you lied sound asleep. Not plagued by visions of accusation. Or berated by voices of ghosts. It was the most blissful sleep you had had in a long time. But as the wind whipped through the streets. You felt your eyes slowly open. Groaning in pain as you gained feeling in your body once more. You still felt pained and rather sore but quite a majority better after your rest. You could still feel the core humming lowly as its machinery pumped ooze and blood. Slowly you sat up yawning as you stretched out. Your muscles groaning in pain as you did. You could still feel the cuts and shrapnel across your body. And every movement seemed to take an added bit of effort. The core straining to supply your body with energy. But barely able to in its damaged state. You let out a deep breath as you sat on the table. Slowly pushing the blanket off of you as you did. It seemed that Viktor had made you a bit more comfortable while you were asleep. You smiled to yourself slightly. He was the one who should have really been resting. But in the short time that you had known him you had seen that whenever he had set his mind on something then he was going to complete it. Sighing to yourself you looked around the room. Your eyes slowly stopping on the desk accross from you. Your mouth twisting in a small smirk as you saw Jayce sitting on a chair in front of you. Blueprints laid across his lap as he studied them. He looked tired and stressed almost as bad as Viktor. The past few days had taken a toll in him. He sighed still not noticing that you had woken up. Continuing to flip through the designs of the arcane core. He sighed to himself again. Jayce was only really skimming over the designs. He already knew it worked. But flipping through the papers gave something for his hands to do while he thought. The council meeting hadn't gone well. They still refused to do anything. Even after Caitlyn had told them what and who was the true source of all their problems. He hated sitting here while Silco ran scott free in the underground. He wanted to act but he didn't know how. Meanwhile you were sitting on the table looking at him slowly. Not really sure what to say. You simply cleared your throat loudly. Jayce suddenly looking up from the papers as he heard you. Sighing again as he looked at you. He still didn't know if he could entrust the gemstone to you. But he knew that you weren't going to use it for anything bad. But still if the wrong person found out about it. And stole it from you. Then they would have a whole other mess on their hands. But still Viktor was right; it was the only option. And he didn't think he had the heart to deny aid when he had it. Letting out another deep breath he placed the blueprints on the desk behind him. Quickly turning back towards Y/n as he spoke.

Jayce: I saw Viktor finished the designs.

You nodded slowly.

Y/n: Yeah, him and Sky came up with the blueprints together. Did you happen to see them on your way over here?

You saw him shake his head.

Jayce: No, after the council meeting, I straight here. 

You nodded again.

Y/n: How did it go?

He sighed once more running his hand through his disgruntled hair as he spoke.

Jayce: Not well. The other members of the council did hear out Caitlyn, but they haven't done anything to act on it. Their trying to make peace with Silco.

You felt your vision narrow slightly as you heard Jayce speak. If they were trying to make peace with Silco then they really didn't know who they were dealing with. Silco would respond with war first. The only way out of it was to take the fight to him first. The only other option was to buckle under the pressure and give him his independence. And it was clear that the latter was the better option. As much as you hated Piltover and everything they stood for you hated Silco more.