The Ghost

Author Note: Just a little thing I thought I'd mention. If there is an empty line of blank space between one paragraph and another it signifies a perspective switch.

You made your way down the street. It was a busy road, but everyone seemed to move out of your way. It was the middle of the afternoon and more and more people seemed to fill the streets as you kept walking. You wore a dark gray coat that hung to your knees. A plain shirt under it with dark pants to match. And high black boots with a similarly collared belt wrapped around your waist. Additionally, you also wore a black wide brimmed a hat on your head. You tried to keep your head down a bit, but people still seemed to recognize you as they nervously stepped aside. You were an intimidating sight. A revolver was strapped to your hip with a compartment of bullets to match on the other side of the belt. You had seen it in a shop a few weeks back and had decided to buy it. Also strapped to your back was a short glave or spear. It had a foot long blade on the end with a 2 and half long wooden handle. Its shorter length allowed you to use it with one hand. You had one it in a bet with an odd man a few days ago. He had run out of gold to pay you with, so he had given you this. He claimed it was a precious heirloom of a long-forgotten king on the other side of the world. He had called it the Dragon Scepter oddly enough. He had probably made it up, but it was a sturdy weapon, so you didn't complain much when you got it. Aside from that you kept your sleeves rolled up to expose your mechanical forearms. Always with the shield and dirk at ready deployment. Lastly you still kept a familiar knife tucked into the back of your boot. It had been 2 months since you had returned. 2 months of constant running and fighting. 2 months since you had started searching. 2 months of failure. 

You pulled the brim of your hat down a little more as you kept walking. But you still felt the nervous glances directed towards you as people walked by. In the 2 months you had been here you had made quite a name for yourself. Beating up Silco's goons as you attempted to get any useful information out of them. And sometimes helping the Firelights fight against his operations. They called you The Ghost. Because you always seemed to appear from the shadows taking down your enemies with speedy accuracy before disappearing into the fog. It was a fitting name. 

Quickly you turned down a less busy street making your way to a bar in the distance. You could see the sign hanging above swaying in the wind. It read "The Lonely Traveler". It was the only bar in the Lanes not riddled with Silco's goons. You had frequented there often. It was a very good meeting spot. Slowly you pushed open the door entering the bar. Quickly scanning around you saw only a few people sitting at the tables. It was still early for the dinner rush so not many people were out to eat yet. Looking forward you saw a familiar face behind the bar.

Trist: Hey Y/n!! Here to hide behind the bar like old times.

You smiled as Trist spoke to you from the bar. He had on a plain white apron and was actively cleaning some cups. Slightly shorter than you with dark frizzy brown hair and tan skin. You thought he was about your age, but you hadn't asked him. He was the owner of The Lonely Traveler and he had become a pretty good friend in the past weeks. But it was only a mere coincidence that you two had met. On one terrible occasion early in your return. You were being chased by a bunch of Silco's men. And you had broken into The Lonely Tavern thinking it was empty. Looking for a place to hide. Trist had found you there hiding behind the bar, and he took pity on you. And you found yourself hiding in his bar more and more. He hated what Silco had done to the underground and if he could offer anyone a safe place away from them then he would do it.

Y/n: Hey Trist. Is he here yet?

Trist: Yep, same spot as always.

You nodded to him before walking past the tables and chairs. Before coming to one specific table near the back of the bar. And sitting there you saw a man in a dark cloak and armor. He had his hood pulled up and his face was covered by an owl mask. There was a hover board resting against his seat. Slowly you sat down across from him leaning into the chair.