A Walk Through the Underground

Slowly you Vi and Caitlyn made your way through the streets. Vi and you at the front with Caitlyn following behind. You still supported your sister with your arm under hers holding her side as you propped her up. Progress was slow with her in this condition. And with Silco's goons close by you dare not risk taking the busier streets. So, you followed Vi's directions as you all moved along slowly. The silence between the three of you was almost deafening. Looking over your shoulder you saw her with a rifle in her hands. It was lowered now but by the way she held it. You could tell she could spring into action at any sign of danger. Looking back to Vi you saw pain riddled through her face. One hand still resting on your shoulder the other pressing your towel to her bloody side. It felt awful seeing her like this. But you kept on walking. Deciding to take matters into your own hands. You thought you would try to fill the silence while also finding some things out.

Y/n: So, Vi. I thought I might as well ask. Where have you been these last few years?

She looked up to you slowly a bit surprised at your question but then you saw her slowly nod as she opened her mouth to respond.

Vi: Nowhere special really. After what happened. That shit enforcer knocked me out and threw me in jail. 

An image of Vi turning her back on Powder and walking away shrouded your mind. But you quickly pushed it away.

Vi: God, I hated that place. Seven years of being stuck in a stone box for months on end. Nothing to do but hope that I'd get out one day and get back to Powder.

You felt sympathy and understanding overtake you. You had experienced quite a similar thing.

Y/n: I know the feeling.

She looked back up to you again her face warming up a bit as she looked at you. Until it slowly faded back into a grim sorrowful expression as she continued.

Vi: Nothing to do but think about everything that happened. And hate myself for not being there. Hate myself for being helpless. Hate myself for leaving her. And you.

You felt yourself connect with your sister even more as she spoke. Stuck in The Doctors lab you had gone through the same thing. But at the same time, you couldn't let your sister blame herself.

Y/n: What happened to Powder. What happened to me. You can't fault yourself for it. What we have to do now. Is make up for whatever it is we think we did. Beside we found each other, didn't we?

You saw Vi chuckle a bit.

Vi: Always the motivator. I guess some things never do change.

You saw the edge of her mouth shift up slightly as she smiled lightly.

Vi: But I missed it. Having the supportive brother.

And you felt yourself smile to.

Vi: Anway's. After seven years of being stuck there. It was actually cupcake here who got me out.

You felt a little shock at that. Shifting your head back over your shoulder as you looked towards Caitlyn.

Y/n: Really?

You saw Caitlyn look up at you.

Caitlyn: What. Is that so hard to believe?

You thought you heard Vi laugh under her breath, but it could have been your imagination.

Vi: What about you? After that day I thought I would never see you again. If I had known you had made it, I would've tried even harder to get out.

You felt your face darken as memories of the last seven years flashed through your head. Years of floating in a glass tube. Nothing to do but stew in guilt in pain as visions of the past plagued your mind.