Rebirth

As you drifted off into unconsciousness. You felt relief flood over you. It was amazing having some sort of sleep. Inside that tube you weren't really awake or sleeping. You were present in your mind but not physically. It wasn't really sleep or any form of rest. And now you felt yourself slip into sweet blissful sleep. Not aware of anything outside of your body. And as you felt your eyes grow heavier you felt true peacefulness. But it didn't last. Even in sleep you weren't safe from your visions. 

Dreams plagued your mind. Dreams of that day on the bridge. Of that day at the cannery. Your parent's death replaying in your head. Mylo and Claggor buried under the rubble. Vander lying in the alley. Your sister cold in your arms. It all rushed through your head. Every terrible moment of your life. But what was worse was what it showed to be possible. Images of Vi sitting against an alley wall. Still and unmoving. Visions of Powder lying motionless in the street clutching her stuffed rabbit. They taunted you and accused you. You had failed them. You couldn't protect them. You always broke your promises.

The dreams and visions continued over and over. Every second every moment. They wouldn't let you rest. Wouldn't let you have any peace. They would always be there to accuse you. And deep down as much as you hated to admit it. As much as you denied them. They were right. You had always failed. But no matter what you would still try. Try and save them. Try and make it back to her. Try and keep your promise. 

Suddenly your eyes shot open as a syringe was slowly pulled out of your arm. You steadied your breath as you tried to calm yourself. And as you inhaled and exhaled you realized it didn't hurt to breathe any more. Looking over you watched as Singed set down his syringe before undoing the straps tying you down. You sat on the edge of the table slowly realizing all of the pain in your forearms, thigh, and chest had completely dissipated. You looked down at your body which was mostly exposed. And you saw what experiments The Doctor had been talking about. You quickly saw that both of your forearms had been fully replaced along with your thigh, chest and midsection. Now completely metal. There were odd designs in them and oddly enough you could still feel the body parts. Feel the muscle within them like they were your body's own. Not a mechanism installed by The Doctor. Most interesting to you though. Was how on all of your newly mechanical body parts. You saw along all of them a thin strip of glowing green light. On your forearms the line ran from the center of the metal and then to the edge of your forearm before continuing onto your shoulder until feeding into your chest. All the lines of green light seeming to culminate into the center of your chest. You touched one of the lines that ran along your bare skin. And to your surprise the green light seemed to be imbedded into the skin. Slowly you turned your attention back to The Doctor who was watching you study your new body closely.

Singed: Its always an odd experience at first. But the operation was successful. I have managed to safely replace all of your injured and nonfunctional body parts with new and better ones. As you have seen that includes your forearms, thigh, and chest. Inside your body I have strengthened your lungs and heart with my own mechanisms allowing you to breathe and pump out blood comfortably. But that is not all. I wished to supply you with needed defenses in case of emergencies. It would be a shame if you survived all of this just to be stabbed in an alley moments after leaving my lab.

You smiled quietly to yourself before turning your attention back towards The Doctor.

Singed: Firstly, under your right forearm. You'll see a compartment on the surface of the metal.

Turning your arm over you saw a long flat bump that ran along your forearm. Studying it closely there was a slit at the front end of it just below your wrist. With the opening facing forward.

Singed: Inside I have placed a thin dirk housed in that compartment. You will also see a small switch on the center of the underside of your forearm.

You looked and sure enough there was a small switch situated on the metal.