A Siren

A waited a few more minutes and just as I made my way through the crowd someone jumped onto the stage. I let out a relived sigh as I moved my wait to the side of the stage. "Hello everyone! Let's take this opportunity to meet everyone yea! After all— we will be working together much more!" Everyone cheers as the man steps down. They start to grab drinks and food laughing talking amongst themselves. 'Ugh did j need to play tonight? I feel like I don't need to— in this time of setting.' I glanced at my guitar as I stood the shadows of the curtain. 'Ah who am I kidding money is money.' I shrugged, walking out of the shadow and into the light.

'I'll just start playing— no need introductions.' A swear drop dropped down the side of my face. I sat down and brought the guitar strap over me getting comfortable. A few people noticed and watched to see what I would do.

'There's actually a lot of people tonight. Maybe enough to give me stage fright.' I inwardly chuckled as I strummed the first chord. A few people pointed at me to tell their companions. I saw Finana in the back giving me thumbs up along with Pomu. 'Oh my g— just keep talking with each other.' I mentally cried as more and more people started to pay attention to me.

As I continued to play someone caught my attention in the crowd. 'Have I seen him before?' The man I was staring at as I played looked back at me, as if he knew I was looking at him. He seemed to stand out more than the rest of the people here. He smirked at me knowing that I was looking at him. "What a weirdo." I mumbled as I played my chords louder, putting a bit of magic into it.

People started to go back to talking to their companions after a while. I sighed as only a few people were watching. But those few people consisted of that blond haired man from earlier. 'Why is he staring at me?!' I mentally cried as I looked away.

I played a few more songs before I looked at Pomu sending her a signal that I'm done. She nodded and turned on the regular music in the speakers as soon as I stopped. I made my way off the stage quietly so no body notices me. "Phew, that was a bit tiring." I grabbed my guitar and made my way to the office, I stayed close to the wall so that I wouldn't hit anyone with my guitar.

I closed the door behind me, putting my guitar in its case. "Good job today! I already sent you your pay for tonight." Pomu praised me as I looked at my phone to see the notification. "Thanks Pomu! I'll be on the counter if you need me for anything else tonight." I told her, grabbing the mask on my face. before I grabbed the door knob a quick wind smacked my hand away from my mask

I turned back to face her. "There might be some sick weirdos out there so keep your mask on. Also try not to use so much of your magic here. We aren't near an ocean ya know." She warned. "They kept staring." I pouted "besides I can just sit in the bath." I finished placing my hand on the door knob. "Yes I know but you're a siren although you have great music control and are amazing at it— there are humans and beasts in the crowd you don't know how they will react to your tunes that you put magic into." She lectured me, not in a bad way. Just to remind me. I smiled at her " I know, thank you for looking out for me." And with that I walked out and went to my usual spot in front of Finana.

The end of the course next to the wall that had a fish tank against it. When I sat down I said "I'll have—" she cuts me off "A [F/D]— I know." She smiled as he placed an already prepared one in front of me. "Good job today!" She smiled brightly, the sound of people talking under the sound of the light jazz music. "Thank you Finaurnaur." She just laughed and helped another person.

"You played well today." Complemented someone who took a seat beside me, I coughed a bit from the sudden appearance. "Ahem— thank you." I said wiping my mouth. "I didn't know you played here as well— I thought you were just an ordinary patron." He comments. "Ah, I've played her a few time and it's at random so you may—" I paused at I finally looked at the man.

It was the blond head. 'Those tattoos look oddly familiar.' "Hm?" He said grabbing my attention. 'Did I really stop talking because of his appearance.' I am disappointed with myself. "Oh yes— I preform at random so you may not see me up there all the time." I finished my sentence, turning away to hide my blush, although my mask covers it it still feels like he can see it.

"What if I wanna see the person under the mask." He questions with a small smile placed on his lips "Well I'm wearing a mask for a reason." I mumbled, looking at the fish tank before me. He hummed "how about we play a game then." He demands more than asks. "What game?" I questioned raising an eyebrow. "How about if I think I know who you are— I text you and you have to answer it." He smiled a smug smile. "Sure." I answered, not really caring. My life's pretty boring right now, what's the harm in this.

"Here's my number." He says as he hands me a card. I grabbed the card and typed it into my phone. 'Huh that odd I already have his number.' "Well it seems that I already have your number ." I say out loud, calling his phone.

His eyes widen in shock as he looks at his phone. "Is that so." He face goes back to a neutral state. "And you don't know me?" He asked looking back at me. "I believe this is the first time we have interacted sir." I answer back as I continued to look at his card. I flipped it over and saw his name.

"Luca Kaneshiro." I mumbled out loud by accident. "That's my name!" He smiles widely, "and since you know my name what's yours?" He questions, "My name is [S/N]." I smirked at him and he gave an unsatisfied frown. "Im dumb Mr. Kaneshiro." He just chuckled and struggled his shoulders. "It would be boring if you were." He says leaning his elbows on the counter, taking a sip of his glass. "You remind me of someone, though we've only met once, and it was in this bar." He says like he was talking to himself.

But before I could question him further my phone began to ring. "Hello?— What?! I'm coming now!" I shouted into my phone quickly getting off the seat. The man grabbed my arm. "Will I be able to see you again?" His grip was strong but I still snatched it back, a bit painfully. "Ask the bartender." I said, swiftly taking my keys out of my pocket and running to my motorcycle driving off.