One thing at a time please

I returned from the bar with two glasses in hand. I had to make them myself since Finana was busy with a patron.

———-

"Wait can we introduce ourselves properly please." I asked as he opened his mouth to say something but he closed it after I said it. I placed the drinks on the table. "It's [F/D]." We both took a sip of it and I watched him as he did. It looked like his eyes sparkled for a bit. "It's good!" He says happily.

"Luca Kaneshiro." He said, placing the glass down. "[Y/N] [L/N] or [S/N]." I said after him. He looked at me as if he was saying it was my turn. "Currently an office worker working at QQQ." I took another sip of my drink. "I'm a Mafia boss." He says nonchalantly and I start coughing up my drink. "You alright?" He asked with a chuckle. "I thought you knew already."

"I did? I guess— but I didn't think you would straight up tell me." I wiped my mouth with my hand. "Mm— I'm a lion hybrid." I just stared at him baffled? Speechless? Does this man have no sense of like danger? "And you are— a mermaid?" I chuckled. "Yes people tend to think I'm a mermaid— but no I'm not actually—" he cuts me off. "You're the siren we saw in the pool." "Yea." I stared at the glass in my hands.

"So now you know who I am and what I do." I nodded as I fidgeted with my fingers around the glass. 'I feel so awkward.' "All you have to do is sign here." I looked up at him as there now was a piece of paper in front of him with a pen. "Wha—"
"I told you I'd hire you— besides don't you needa pay me back for something." He smiled innocently and I just groaned. "I remembered you called me handsome—" I stood up and covered his mouth with my hands embarrassed as he reminded me of that night.

I felt something against my and quickly withdrew it. "Alright alright! I'll sign it." money is money I mentally cried as he slid the paper towards me.

"I'm sorry— I think you made a mistake here?" I pointed at the salary. He leaned over to look. "Oh yes I tweaked it a bit just for you." he smiled, leaning his elbows on the table before him and resting his head on his clasped hands. "Isn't this a bit much?" I questioned and he just tilted his head. "That's enough for you to pay off that shirt." He says "I-I know but—" he cuts me off. "I think the amount is just fine, 5,000 an hour should be enough yes?"

"It's more than enough." I quickly said back. "So what's the problem." I just stayed silent. 'That's a lot of money though I don't feel like I deserve that much.'

Thought I say that I signed the paper and he quickly snatched it from me. "Great! Once you quit your old boring job give me a call." I just nodded.

"Oh right— are you feeling better now?" He asked, putting the paper in his coat. "Yes I'm fine now, my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore." I moved it around a bit. "That's great! So that means—" he smiled at me "You can play for me?" He questioned.

"I suppose— but— hold on." Water came out of the water tank from before and moved toward my desk as I guided it with my hand. I grabbed a piece of paper from it and placed it on the table before me. I sent the water back to the tank. "How is that paper not wet?" He asked, curiously looking at it like a curious dog. "Good water control? Anyway— this is how I work around here." I handed him the paper he read through it carefully.

I was a bit surprised when he started to actually read it. Seeing as how he doesn't seem like the type to read. "Oh so I can have you perform out of the bar?" I asked, putting the paper down, I assume he finished reading. "Yea, I can do out door stuff but I prefer performing inside since it's easier that way." I nodded, "Well for now— I'll let you know." He smiled, standing up.

We left the room together and went down to the bar. He said he had to leave so we said our good byes and he walked out of the bar. I on the other hand took my seat near the counter by the fish tank and I felt a certain pair of eyes on me.

It was Finana, she had a smirk on her face. I frowned and when she was done with her order she came over to me. "What'd you do up there?" She questioned not even trying to hide her smile. " nothing you fish— we were talking about work and what not." She pouted and then I proceeded to explain to her everything that happened. "Oh you go [Y/N] make that money!" She says happily.

After hanging out with The fish for a bit I decided to head out. Waving bye to them and walked out.