The Boss is being annoying

I slammed my hand down onto the alarm, immediately regretting it. "Shi-" I grabbed my shoulder and gently moved it to my side. I looked the time, 'I can go to the hospital real quick.' I laid on my bed for a few seconds before getting up and getting ready.

———

I drove over to the hospital and walked into my usual doctor. "Hey Doc, can you check my shoulder?" I said, taking a seat informer of his desk. He's a fairy. "What did you do this time?" He questioned. I frowned "I didn't do anything, this time, I got hit with a demons magic, Shu was able to heal the wound but there's still magic lingering. I wa s wondering if you can get rid of that." I explained as he grabbed my chart. "A demon huh." He mumbled walking over to me as touching my shoulder.

As soon as he did a spark went through me starting from his touch, adding onto the pain was already feeling. I flinched away right after. "Seems like magic won't help you." He says, observing my reaction. "What do you mean?" I asked, sitting back in my chair properly again. "Other than making this demons magic stick to you, that demon must've casted a quick spell for your body to use and come in contact with magic." He explained leaning against the desk, crossing his arms. "But Shu used magic—"

"That's probably because he did it around the same time you were injured so it didn't affect you." He paused as he grabbed something from his drawer. "So now you have to be careful with who you bump into and make sure you don't use your magic for the time being." He tells me to lift my shirt so he could apply ointment to my shoulder.

I hissed from the sudden cold liquid. "This was made with natural herbs and such from the fairy forest— you should be fine for now but you have to apply this once you start to hurt again. It'll surprise the pain but I don't know if it will get rid of it." He continues to cover my shoulder. "If it still hurts, then you could probably try and find the demon that hurt you—" he pauses after closing the jar and giving it to me. "How did a demon hurt someone like you." "Wow, what do you mean someone like me?" I asked, offended. "Well someone who is as reckless and carefree as you. Who almost never gets injured like that. Must be a strong demon for them to hurt you this much." He shrugged with a laugh. I pouted "Whatever old man." I stood up after fixing my top.

"If you run out— you could probably ask Finana if she could refill it. Or you can just come back here." He suggested and scooted me out of the room.

I placed the ointment tin my bag and rushed to work barely making it on time but not noticed by the boss.

I huffed out a sigh as I flopped down onto my desk chair. Shu walked in behind me and touched my non injured shoulder but it still felt like I was struck with lightning. I flinched harder than I did with the doc, probably cuz Shu literally radiates mana. "Ah sorry did I startle you?" He pulls his hand back and sits in his seat.

I turned to face him. "I went to the doctors earlier—" I explained to him what the Doc had told me and He sat and listens patiently. "Luckily I was able to heal your wound then." Shu sighs, thinking of ways he could help me. He was probably looking all night.

"Are you still going to perform tonight?" He asked, concerned. "Yea, it's not like I need my magic for it." I say facing my desk now, Turing on my Pc. "But still that's how you get paid." He said, worried, but he also turns to his own desk. "Money is money." I say and he stays silent and we get to work.

—————-

Of all the days to take this old farts attitude, it had to be today. "I can't believe this!" He was fuming as soon as the clients left the meeting room. Everyone stood up to leave but he told everyone to stay where they were. "You have to be prepared at all time! How can you not have the statistics ready?!" 'Maybe because there was no need for That in this meeting.' I mentally rolled my eyes. He went on about how we are the worst group in the company. I can already see people resigning.

"And you! I told you to print those paper! I gave you the simplest job! You shouldn't be able to mess that up! But you of course know how to mess the simplest things up." Everyone in the office knows he picks on me the most. Probably because I always keep my head down. But I'm not really feeling it today.

"Sir, you told me to make that much. How was I to know that they would bring more people. They didn't tell us ahead of time." His hands balled up into a fist. "You dare talk back to me?! You should have made extras!" He shouts slamming his hand on the desk causing a few of the other employees to flinch.

"Then you would've yelled at me for wasting paper." I say back with a innocent smile. Him, being the immature old man he is, huffed out a loud sigh and stomped his way towards the door. On his way out he shoulder bumped me, purposely. I grabbed onto my shoulder and squeezed it. I bit the inside of my lip to hold on the pain that struck in me. It wasn't because of magic but because of the force.

'Is this making my arm sensitive now?' As soon as the door shut everyone started to ask if I was okay and told me that I was brave for standing up against him. I smiled at the them and said I was fine. We finished up are small chit chat and went back to our designated desks getting back to work.

I remembered my doctors visit this morning. "Ah, Shu I'm going to the bathroom." He just nods at me and I get up and head towards my destination.

I grabbed the ointment form my pocket and rubbed it against my shoulder like the doctor did. 'It's so cold.' I winced from the coolness and quickly finished up heading back to my desk.