Chapter 6 - Double Boost!

"The enemy's factory is inside of the pyramid," explained Knuckles through the communicator, "I can seen reinforcements if you don't think you can handle it..."

"No need!" said Sonic as he ran with Aurora, "The two of us are more than enough! We'll blitz the place and open up a path for the resistance!"

He then turned to look at Aurora.

"Right, partner?"

This made Aurora blush, but Sonic didn't notice.

What he did notice was how fast she was running.

Not everyone could keep up with him, he is the fastest thing alive after all!

Soon, there was an entire row of enemies at the entrance.

Then Sonic had an idea.

"Hey, I wanna try something out with you," he said to Aurora, "Is that okay?"

She felt a little flustered by this, but she still agreed.

"Time for the two of us to team up!" he said, as he extended his fist towards her.

Suddenly, when Aurora placed her fist on Sonic's, she felt a sudden rush throughout her body.

She felt like she was floating on air.

She felt... free...

"DOUBLE BOOST!!!!"

Suddenly, she felt herself jolt forward with Sonic, fists still connected.

They went through the enemies, knocking them out of the way.

They were going fast, but to Aurora, everything was moving in slow motion.

She looked at Sonic, who looked like he was having a blast.

"Yeah! That's how it's done!" he exclaimed, "We've got unstoppable speed and timing!"

This made Aurora blush a little, but she ignored it.

Soon, they reached the entrance of the factory.

They had to avoid lasers, which made Sonic a little impatient.

They soon reached the bottom, Sonic landing on his feet and Aurora almost tripping on hers.

"You okay?" asked Sonic.

"Y-Yeah..."

Sonic walked forward and placed his hands on his hips.

"So they're building weapons here, huh?" he said as he looked around, "Making everyone work like robots!"

Aurora was going to correct him saying they are robots, but she stayed quiet and only nodded.

That's when Sonic turned around to face her with a serious expression.

"It'll be Eggman's turn to get pushed around when I get a hold of him!"

~~~

They ran through the factory, smashing enemies as they went deeper into the facility.

The path was finally cleared for the resistance, so Sonic and Aurora returned to base.

"That was a cake walk!" Sonic said as they entered the main room.

"I don't know why I was even worried!" said Amy, who was polishing her hammer.

Suddenly, the communicator turned on.

It was Silver...

"GUYS! IT'S HIM!"