Chapter 15 - Destruction of the Death Egg

Aurora just couldn't believe that she embarrassed herself like that!

Why did she have to zone out like that?!

She thought about it while she destroyed enemies.

Suddenly she felt the ground shake.

She looked around to find a giant robo crab heading straight towards her.

She ran from left to right, avoiding the rocks being thrown at her.

Then, she had an idea.

She waited for the right moment to reveal itself, and she used her grappling hook to hoist herself up in the air, circling its legs with the chains, which caused it to trip and fall over on its back, destroying it completely.

When Aurora got to safety, she looked back at what she did.

She couldn't believe she actually did that!

If only she had a camera...

Focus, Aurora! she thought to herself, You need to keep this up until the Death Egg is destroyed!

~~~

It was about an hour when it happened.

Aurora was fighting more enemies when suddenly, she heard an explosion from far away.

She looked up to see an explosion in the sky, which was most likely the Death Egg.

Aurora was going to celebrate, until she heard a loud grumbling noise coming from the other side of the large rock she was behind.

She peaked from the corner of the rock to find Eggman himself and two robots watching a video clip of the Death Egg exploding.

"Grrrrr!" he growled, "Those resistance pests and their clever little plots!"

The little cubic yellow robot turned off the projection.

"They're like something on your shoe that you can't wipe off!" Eggman continued as he banged his fist on the flying aircraft he was riding on.

"It appears they have taken our legs right out from under us," said the round red robot, "Quite impressive, really!"

"I don't have legs!" said the yellow robot, "Neither do you, dude!"

"Don't remind me, dude!" replied the red robot.

As the robots argued, Infinite hovered down from the air.

"Five more hours until the plan is executed," said Eggman, "Infinite, let's make a tactical retreat so that we can re-mobilize our forces."

Infinite adjusted his mask before speaking.

"By 'tactical retreat' you mean to say 'flee with our tails between our legs'," said Infinite in an annoyed tone, "I'm quite displeased about this, Docter..."

This only made Eggman even more angry.

"Shut up and just follow me!"

He then flew away on his aircraft and left Infinite and the robots behind.

Aurora felt bad for those robots.

There's no way they should be treated the way Eggman did.

She tried to sneak away, but she quickly hid behind the rock before she was seen by Infinite.

Unfortunately, he did hear her stumble behind it.

He looked over at the rock, curious at what sort of prey seemed to have unfortunately found its way there.

Aurora could hear the humming of the Phantom Ruby getting louder as Infinite grew closer.

She held her breath.

Was this it?

Was she going to die?

"INFINITE!!!!" Eggman yelled out into the communicator in Infinite's mask, "GET OVER HERE!!!!"

Infinite flinched when he heard Eggman's screaming, but only for a split second.

He looked back at the rock.

"You are safe, for now..." he said.

He then flew away to join Eggman in his retreat.

Aurora took in a big gasp of air.

That was a close one... she thought.

She then ran as fast as she could back to base.