an: i've aged up denji to 18. this book also follows the manga as i published this two months ahead of the anime release, which means it contains major manga spoilers. read with discretion. (2023)

an: as i've mentioned on my message board, i will be re writing and continuing to write dakishimetai in light of the reze arc movie. (2024)

Deep within the woods of Takahicho mountain in the town of Takaharu in Miyazaki prefecture, a girl with golden hair color and length that reaches down to the back of her knees dipped herself lower into the hot spring bath, succumbing to the water up to her upper lip with her eyes closed and a golden halo beaming brightly above her head. The hot water on her pale, porcelain skin relaxing her body, soothing her skin and muscles yet making her feel sleepy at the same time.

"How long are you going to be in there?" A little boy with blond hair and golden halo asks, pouting as he stood in the patio of their vernacular house. "You've been there for more than thirty minutes! It's my turn to take a bath!" He whines, pointing at the older girl inside the bath with his pointing finger.

The girl could only chuckle before rising up, putting on a white synthetic silk robe on her body, the tips of her long hair dripping profusely onto the ground. "No requests for me yet?" She asks the little boy who excitedly removed his shoes and socks. After asking that question, at the exact moment, an old looking computer suddenly lit up.

1 New Wish

"Well...you got one now!" The little boy says, jumping and splashing water everywhere. "But hey, older sister! That new wish is your two thousandth wish you're granting!" The little boy beams, looking up at his sister. "Isn't that great? We're finally gonna be freed from the curse and be able to go to the light!"

The girl should be happy, she should be happy. After such a long time of being alone, she finally reached the end of their curse. But at the same time, she knew that going to the light isn't going to be easy. For there is one small problem.

"Yeah." The girl spoke softly, smiling a little as she goes inside their house. "I'm really happy, Kazuto." She says, walking over to the computer and clicking on the accept button. On the lit up screen, a boy with blond scruffy hair with a black eye patch covering his right eye was shown.

"Who is it, older sister?" The little boy asks. "Is it a pervert? Don't go!"

"Don't judge people so easily, Kazuto." The older girl scolds him, getting up from the floor to remove her white synthetic silk robe to wear a black silk kimono with large and colorful lotus blossom designs. "Humans are after all...just humans. They build up their skills to face the harshness of the world."

"But humans are quick to judge too, older sister!" Kazuto points out, frowning as he back floats on the hot water bath. "What makes him so different then?" He asks, looking up at the starry night sky.

After tying her red obi* with a golden obi jime*, the older girl proceeds to comb her hair with a jade comb, tying it up into a neat bun with a red ribbon before accenting her hair with a white lotus hair pin. "He sleeps with a devil like it's his best friend." The girl spoke, smiling at her reflection before putting on her socks and slippers.

"I'll be heading out now, Kazuto!" The girl bids, smiling and waving at the little boy by the doorway.

"Don't be out so long, older sister!" Kazuto says. "I'll make your favorite dinner for us!"

The girl slides the thin paper door, turning her head to the side to take a quick glance at Kazuto who is still in the bath. "Miwa somen*?"

"Miwa somen!" Kazuto repeats happily.