二十一

"This is insulting." The eighteen year old boy with blond and scruffy hair and yellow brown eyes spoke, huffing out a breath before wrapping his arms around the girl's petite frame, scooping her closer to him as he presses the left side of his face on her stomach.

"Why can't I bring you to work?" The boy complains, making a face that the girl cannot see. "You're my guardian angel. My guardian angel's supposed to be looking out for me!" He complains further, pouting as he recalls his new trainer's words of not allowing him to bring her to missions nor trainings.

"You'll only be gone in a few hours." Ame says, placing her arms around his shoulders, one hand creeping into the back of his head as she lightly massages him there. The boy succumbed to her touch, always loving the way how she holds him. Endearing and heart fluttering.

"Not enough." The boy responds, looking up at the girl with a pout on his face. "Want my guardian angel with me." He says, placing a kiss on her clothed stomach while looking up at her lovingly.

Ame pursed her lips, thinking of something to encourage him. And after a minute of thinking, the girl snapped her fingers. Finally getting an idea on what to do.

"I got it!" She says with a bright smile, retrieving her arms from the boy's shoulder as she clamped her hands together, the boy looking at her hands with much curiosity.

"What are you doing?" Denji asks.

Ame then unraveled her palms to him, showing him a turning necklace made of gold and filled with eyes that looked everywhere.

"If you wear this necklace all the time, it will let me know what you're doing - if you're in danger or not. Anywhere you are in this world, I'll know." She softly spoke to him, sitting on his lap as she wraps her arms around him, putting the necklace around his neck.

Being this close to Ame made Denji catch a whiff of her scent. The metallic, iron scent of blood entering his nostrils followed by the scent of peaches and exotic meadow. It was endearing and calming.

"Since this is a turning necklace, you just have to turn this one" Ame points at the last golden circle, "Turn it seven times and I'll come to you." She says, locking the accessory before hugging him tightly.

"From this day forward, you'll never be alone." She whispers to his ear, her words making the airs in his body raise, his innards tingling in sensation.

Her words and actions reached to his heart. His insides felt tingly and soft whenever she spoke and touched him, and he loved feeling her touch as well. Closing his eyes, he lets out a soft hum before wrapping his arms around her waist, hugging her back.

He didn't want this moment to end, Denji didn't want to let go of her. But he had to. Holding onto her waist as they switched position, making Ame sit down and him getting up. He tucked the necklace under his button down shirt, not wanting like blood to taint it.

"Got to go now" Denji says, facing Ame while he puts on his eye glasses. "My training's gonna start!" He tells her, leaving the shared apartment.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"You just ever what kind of mission or training they are doing." Ame says, pouring earl grey tea into Kazuto's cup. The three tier stand consisting of colorful macarons, cookies, scones and cupcakes. Although Shirohato wasn't allowed any of the pastries mentioned, Ame and Kazuto had prepared the white dove it's own sunflower seeds, to which Shirohato is thankful for.

"Just like his job title, he deals with the devils!" Shirohato exclaims, nipping and eating on the seeds. "Bet he sees all kinds of devils that humans fear! Like sharks, spiders, basically anything!"

"I'm tired of seeing people die, don't they get tired of killing?" Ame voices out, resting her elbow on top of the table while her cheek rests on top of her hand, heaving out a deep sigh. "Seeing people die is a traumatic experience...but...I've grown...somewhat accustomed to it."

"We've been doing it for over a thousand years, older sister." Kazuto says, chewing on a raspberry flavored macaron. "If a thousand years has passed us by, we've really grown to it." He adds. "I used to get shudders when people ask me 'Why is it so bright here?'"

"'Have I died?'" Shirohato pitches in

"'Who are you and why are we on a boat?'" Kazuto finishes, "It's always those questions they ask, but I've learned to ignore it." He finishes, shrugging his shoulders as he eats the rest of his raspberry macaron in one bite.

A knock on the door came and Ame was quick to stand on her feet, thinking it was either of the three or all of them, finally returning home even though it was still mid afternoon. As he turned over the knob and parted the door open, Ame was surprised to see a different figure on the other side of the door.

"Didn't expect to see me, did you? Your face says it all." Makima says, smiling at Ame before taking a peak behind her shoulder. "Having afternoon tea? It sounds wonderful!" She chirps to the angel, smiling with her eyes closed. "May I join you three? I haven't eaten since I had something to deal with earlier."

Blinking her eyes, Ame nodded her head and parted the door more for her. "Please do come in!" She says, letting Makima enter the shared apartment and then closing the door as she steps inside.

"Did you make all this?" Makima asks, sitting on the free seat besides Ame, Kazuto and Shirohato falling silent as she joins them.

Ame shook her head, sitting back down. "I bought these from the nearest bakery here!" She answers, pouring tea onto Makima's cup.

"Oh! That bakery? I've been wanting to try their pastries too but haven't found the time." Makima begins to say, taking a cupcake and removing its cup holder. "I'll definitely enjoy this!" She chirps to the angel, taking a bite.

As Ame took a macaron from the top tier of the cake stand, Makima's hawk like eyes narrowed onto the skin of her left arm, noticing the color purple on her skin.

"What happened to your left arm?" Makima asks, feigning worry as she takes a hold of her left arm, causing Ame to drop her macaron on top of the table. Kazuto's and Shirohato's eyes trained on Makima's hands.

"Did you trip and fall?" Makima asks again, slowly lifting the sleeve of Ame's kimono, the palm of her right hand grazing onto her skin. But Ame places her free hand on top of hers, halting her actions to remove her hands off her.

"I'm alright." Ame says, smiling at her and placing her hands to her lap. "I slipped while showering. Clumsy me!" She chuckles softly, picking up the fallen macaron and taking a bite.

Makima smiled and nodded her head, not forgetting the warm feeling she felt on the palm of her hand when it came in contact with her.