二十二 x 3k reads special

italicized means flashback

"Why are we here, Aki san?" Ame asks, her fingers slightly intertwined on her front as she stood in front of two devil hunters in an alleyway. Craning her head all over the place they are in, she could hear light thumping colliding on the ground.

"The future is the best! The future is the best! The future is the best!"

The future devil emerged out of the darkness, its appearance resembling both a scarecrow and a tree growing from the floor with its branches and trunk extending up to its body, multiple vines growing from its arms and chest.

"You shout it too!" The future devil playfully spoke to Aki before noticing Ame standing behind him. "You brought an offering to appease me!"

"I've come to make a contract with you." Aki spoke. "The woman with me is not a peace offering. Tell me what you want of me."

Suddenly, the playful attitude of the future devil stopped, as if it was frowning at Aki. "...You've got the worst attitude of anyone yet!" It spoke to him, sounding offended. "Well fine! Show me your future! Hurry up and put your head into my stomach! If you don't, I can't see your future!"

Holding a hand out to her, Aki motions Ame forward. "Ladies first." He said. As Ame walked closer and snuck her head inside the stomach of the future devil, the future devil was quick to take her out of its stomach. Instead of falling down on the floor on her butt, Aki held Ame securely under her arms.

"It follows! It follows! It follows! One way or another, wherever you are in this world, it follows!" The future devil kept repeating. "But the sun goddess is with you! Choose your actions wisely and she will smile down on you!"

"It's that bad, huh?" Aki asks, helping Ame get back on her feet.

Ame smiled and shook her head. "Nothing that either of us should get worried of." she simply responded, before giving space for Aki to walk and get closer to the devil. But as her eyes were cast down on the ground, Ame needed to know what she needed to do.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   . ♡

"So..that's the future, huh?" Shirohato asks, the white dove nestled on top of Kazuto's head and halo. "Well, if anything happens, just know that the two of us are always with you!" The bird chirps.

"Yeah!" Kazuto chimes in, holding a new manga in his hands while sitting on the cushioned couch. "If the unknown devil comes back to us, we'll be ready!"

With her back turned on them as Ame is looking outside the window, she lets out a deep breath. "If that devil comes back, it'll be ready to kill me, to finish what it started back then." She begins to say, turning around to smile with her eyes closed at Kazuto and Shirohato. "If that happens, then I'm glad spending one thousand two hundred three years with you two!"

Kazuto's eyes widened in surprise while Shirohato started to flap its wings. "Don't say your goodbyes yet! You're still a hundred years early for that!" The white dove fumed.

But as Ame opened her eyes to console the white dove, her eyes widened in surprise, her lips forming an ' o ' shape.

"How did I...get here?" She asks, finding herself standing on top of a train, looking down, she blushed as she saw a half naked Denji and another half naked guy whom she does not know of.

"Ame, you made it!" Denji beams, smiling at her while raising his arms up at her. "This loser is the one who placed a hand on you while we were in Nerima. He's got something to say to you too!" He explains.