十七 x 2k reads special

As the bright morning sunlight sipped out of the lush green leaves from the tree branches in one fine day, Ame closed her eyes before inhaling deeply and then exhaling.

"The weather's so nice today!" She remarked, a bright smile painting her lips. One hand holding onto a woven basket with a light blue ribbon tied on the lower handle of the basket. She turned her head back when she noticed Kazuto not entering the strawberry field with her.

"Don't just stand there, silly." A soft chuckle escapes her lips. "You can come in and eat as many as you want!" She urges the little boy who looked a tad bit terrified to enter the ground she is currently in.

"B-But-"

"No buts!" She firmly announced, a small pout replacing her smile on her lips. "You're my guest right now, Kazuto. The other servants won't have a say if I'm with you." She flashed him a warm smile.

Seeing her smile made Kazuto nod his head and happily entering the field with her. Never in his life has someone shown him such kindness and generosity, only the to be appointed wish angel Ame. And to his heart's content, he ate a lot of strawberries, not minding the other older male servants who only stood outside.

"You can play the biwa and flute, older sister?" Kazuto asks as he, for the first time, stepped foot inside the private room of Ame.

Ame nodded her head, taking a quick glance at the instruments that were carefully placed on top of her dresser. "Do you know how to play the flute or the biwa too?" She asks but Kazuto shook his head.

"Servants aren't given education, older sister." Kazuto truthfully confessed, sitting down on the cushion on the floor.

"That's terrible!" Ame gasps, shaking her head as she picked up the flute and handed it to him. "Everyone should be given equal rights. And children should be given access to education." She frowned, sitting besides Kazuto on the floor. "I didn't know the two households could be so cruel." She mumbled, her eyes wandering every item inside her room - from her ornate and colorful kimonos to her collection of exquisite jewelry to her flowing scarves, Ame no longer saw them the way she used to back then.

"Say, Kazuto" Ame begins to say, turning her head back to look at the boy with her. "Have you heard of the story called Hagoromo?" She asks, a smile on her lips and a glint in her eyes. Kazuto shook his head in response.

"It's a popular dance drama I've seen before!" She announces, "In the dance drama, they say that hagoromo's or feathered kimonos are what makes an angel fly!"

"Is that why you can't fly right now, older sister?" Kazuto innocently asks, his hands holding onto the cream colored flute.

Ame turned her head down to look at her black kimono with large lotus blossom designs, letting out a chuckle afterwards. "I guess so!" she chirps. "In the story, an angel came down to earth. And while she was bathing by the river, a fisherman spied on her and stole her feathered kimono to force her to marry him. The angel and the fisherman got married and then, some years later, the fisherman confessed of what he did, the angel found her feathered kimono again and then returned to heaven!"

"What would happen if the fisherman didn't return to the angel her feathered kimono?" Kazuto asks

"Well" Ame blinks her eyes, "It's just like the story, the angel won't be able to return to heaven." She shrugs her shoulders. "When you think about it, the angel did have a choice. Since she married the fisherman and stayed him with for a couple of years, that would mean she would bear feelings, even if its a little amount, right?"