十九

On this day, as Ame sat on the corner of the room, in front of the rubble with the clothes that Himeno disappeared out of, is the first time she saw Denji turn into the chainsaw devil. Ame didn't know what to say or feel about it, yet it was ironic because the one who cursed her is a devil and at the same time, the person who she really felt caring towards her (apart from Kazuto and Shirohato) happened to be half human and half devil.

"Can you walk?" Ame asks, rushing towards Aki as she noticed blood coming out of his lips.

"...I should be asking you that" Aki mumbles, his eyes casted down on the bloodied ground.

"Please don't mind me. I'm all good." Ame responds, getting up on her feet and helping Aki up by his elbows. Not paying attention to the third person in front of them.

"This is Sawatari. Were engaged with the chainsaw on the third floor of the Nerima Building. An unknown figure is with them. But this one seems not a threat. Come back us up."

"Ame" Aki spoke to her, turning her head to look at him. "Run away, Ame. Run away from this scene. Help is on your side."

"Run away, Ame. If you start running now, the hikers from the west will be able to see you. Help is on your side, Ame. Get moving."

She remembered those words. Those words that Shirohato had spoken to her the night everything became what is now to her. But Ame was tired. Tired of running away from the problem, she ran now, where would she go?

Ame shook her head, using her strength to pull Aki up on his feet. "I don't want to run anymore!" She responded to him, her hands gripping on his arm. "I'm half dead anyway, I've got nothing to lose."

Aki's eyes widened in surprise. "What did you-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, Ame jolted and jumped in surprise when the sounds of clashing came close from her behind. Turning around, she found the katana devil and Denji behind her.

"Fuck." Denji curses, "Don't get anywhere near her, man. You're quite the creep." He taunts.

Before Ame could see anything else, Denji's body had been caught into half by the katana devil, his blood slowly sliding down to her slippers.

"Denji..." Ame mumbles his name, unable to move from her spot as she stares down at his body cut into two.

"I'll carry him" The katana devil spoke, but stopped and turned to look at Ame. Inhaling the air, a wave of satisfactory scent entered his nostrils. "Never mind." he said again, turning his attention to Ame.

"Be a good girl and carry him, aight? You'll be coming along with us." The katana devil said to her, handing to Ame the upper body of Denji like it was nothing.

"Hurry up and get the car." The katana devil instructed Ame, pointing close to her face the tip of the katana on his right hand. Instead of being scared, Ame's face remained blank. As her slippers, socks and the lower hem skirt of her kimono began to get drenched in Denji's blood, she turned around and left the building. A plan already calculating inside her mind, a plan in which, she doesn't know if it will be possible. But she was willing to give it a try.

"Hey!" A yakuza member spoke, his attention on Ame. "Get in the van quickly!"

Without any words, Ame slowly walked up to the van, still holding onto Denji's upper body as she climbed inside. As the van's sliding doors closed behind her, she sets his head on top of her lap. Immediately removing the sleeve of her left arm. The deep purple bruise adorning her whole left arm never leaving, even after a millennium have passed by.

"I'm not sure if this will work, but I hope it will." Ame mumbles, digging the nail of her thumb onto the skin of her left wrist, letting the drops of her crimson colored blood fall down inside his parted lips.

"Please live...please live...please live..." Ame chanted, using her right hand to squeeze more blood out of her. All the while she was forcing blood out of her, Ame jolted in surprise once again as she heard a booming sound just outside of the van. Not bothering to look outside of the window of what's happening, she continued what she's doing.

All of a sudden, the sliding doors of the van opened and a hand clamped around Ame's forearm, pulling her out of the vehicle while she held onto Denji's shoulders, bringing him along with her. Ame watched as the vehicle sped away from them.

"What the hell was that?" Ame mumbles, blinking her eyes twice.

"U-Uh...Hi" A voice spoke to her from behind, turning her head to look from behind, Ame was familiar with her face. 

"Who are you?" Ame asks

"We've met before!" The girl responds, "In the restaurant!"

Blinking her eyes again, it clicked into Ame's mind on who she is. "Ah! You're Kobeni, right?"

Kobeni smiled and nodded her head vigorously. "That's me!" She confirms. "I-I'll just call for back up and check up on Hayakawa san!" She said to Ame before scrambling away.

Left alone in Nerima with Denji, she noticed how his lower body was growing back. Causing Ame to let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought my blood will die on you." She confesses, brushing the strands of her hair out of her face. Casting her eyes down on Denji's chainsaw head form, Ame came to realize that not all devil's are evil. Even in his chainsaw devil form, he could still recognize her. As much as she looked down on devils, Ame may give a kind consideration to Denji.

Placing both of her hands on either side of his still chainsaw devil face, Ame leans down to place a kiss on his forehead. "Thanks for saving me earlier. I'll remember to repay you when you wake up!"

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"You made him drink your blood?" Shirohato gasps, his words causing Kazuto to drop his chopsticks and stare at Ame with wide eyes. "And he's alive?"

"Yeah he is!" Ame confirms, using her teeth to cut the noodles of her ramen. "I really thought, if he died from the burning, then..." Ame smiles to Kazuto, Kazuto who understood the message in her smile and eyes, suddenly placed a hand in front of him, shaking his head.

"Rejected." Kazuto firmly spoke

"Why not?" Ame gasps, "He even protected me from the yakuza's! No chance at all?"

Kazuto grumbles. "Only one!" He said to her, resuming in eating his ramen again.

"I'm surprised he's alive and not dead." Shirohato chirps, chipping on the bird seeds that Kazuto laid down for him on the table. "That devil hasn't even touched a single hair on him. Wonder where that lunatic could be." The white dove spoke down on the unknown devil. Shirohato kept eating on the bird seeds until something clicked inside his mind. And then, the white dove laughs out loud.

"What's so funny?" Ame asks as she and Kazuto stared at the bird.

"You finally got the chance!" Shirohato announces, "A chance at love!"