二十三

cw: slight suggestive themes

"What are these machines?" Denji asks, eyes wide while blinking at the many words and numbers that Ame kept tapping on.

"Ah! This is the ticket machine. To get to our destination, you'll need a ticket to get there!" Ame explains, tapping Shimizu Station. "It takes an hour and a half to get to Shizuoka. Do you want to eat something on the way?" She asks, picking up their tickets before handing one to Denji.

Denji, who is all new to everything just like Ame, turned his head both left and right. "I'm not so sure what to get" He responded to her.

"It's alright!" Ame replies, looking at the wall clock hoisted on the station's wall. "We still have a few minutes before boarding time. I'll show the many options!" She beams, linking arms with him before leading the way to the food department store of the station.

Entering the food department store, the sight of the many stalls offering various foods a new sight to the both of them. Taking a look around, they were all mouth watering, especially to Denji that not only the food made his eyes full but the fact that Ame was initiating skinship with him made him fuller.

"This one's cute!" Ame suddenly spoke, stopping from her tracks while pointing at a hexagon shaped bento filled with various types of sushi. Crouching down, Ame stared at the bento through the glass of the display.

"Are you getting that one?" Denji asks, crouching besides her, looking at the bento through the glass as well.

Ame nodded her head. "Yep!" she beams.

"I'll be getting it to then!" Denji answered, turning to the staff and asking for two of the hexagon bento. All the while Denji was busy marveling at the different bento's on display and the staff packing their food, Ame took the time to look further at the items that Shirohato had packed for her.

Two packs of tissues, one wet and one dry. A pack of mint strips. Her jade comb. A box that contained strawberry flavored condoms.

Ame's right eye twitched, staring at the box of condoms that she didn't know how in the world a white dove could have picked it up. Yet at the same time, she didn't want to know how Shirohato got it.

"What are you looking at?"

In her spot, Ame jolted. Quickly closing her bag and giving Denji a tight lipped smile. "Nothing!" she quickly responded to him.

"Here are your bento's!" The staff spoke to the two of them, punching something in the cash register. "That'll be fourteen thousand yen!" 

As Ame opened her bag to take out the money, Denji placed a hand in front of her as he too was already counting money in his hand.

"I got this covered." Denji spoke. "You already paid for our tickets."

"No, it's okay." Ame says, already holding onto the crisp, freshly printed paper money. "I asked you out today so I'm paying."

"Can't let a girl pay." Denji informed, making a shooing motion to Ame. "Let me pay for this at least."

The two of them resisted leaving their spots, shaking their heads while pushing the other way in an attempt to not let the other pay for their food. While the two of them bickered amongst themselves, the poor staff could only look at the two of them simultaneously before speaking up.

"What a lovely couple you two are!" The staff begins to say, smiling uneasily. "Since you both refuse to let the other pay, these bento's are for free!" Upon hearing the staff's words, both Ame and Denji blinked.