"Your two thousandth wish is defective!"

"Defective?!" The angel shrieks, sitting on a light wooden flip table in front of Kazuto; the circular table filled with miwa somen, green tea and rolled omelette.

"Let me tell you why it's defective!" Shirohato says, the white dove clearing it's throat before resuming. "Granted he is dying the moment you found him. Denji, your two thousandth person, was at the same time, fusing with his devil dog named Pochita!"

"I see..." The angel spoke to herself, nodding her head and could only stare at the ice slowly melting inside her noodle bowl.

"What happened earlier?" Kazuto asks, speaking with his mouth still chewing on the rolled omelette. The older angel was too shy to speak, her face heating up as the memory of earlier events rose up again. When she hasn't responded to Kazuto's question, Shirohato spoke for her.

"She gave him a kiss!" Shirohato beams, Kazuto almost spat out the green tea drink inside his mouth. 

"Did you, older sister?!" He asks, leaning forward onto the dining table. The older angel could only nod her head in a bashful manner.

"I bet she also felt something in that kiss!" Shirohato jokes. The older angel could only grab her pair of dark wooden chopsticks and throw it at the white dove; to which the white dove used it's ring wing to protect itself. The chopsticks falling down on the ground.

"Admit it!" Shirohato says, using the tip of its right wing to point at the older angel. "You've been all by yourself for a long time and this is the first time you truly felt something!"

The older angel could only paint her lips with a small smile. "How do you know me so well again, Shirohato?"

Shirohato flapped its wings and went to rest on the flooring of the patio, facing the garden. "Well, you're my favorite angel messenger."

When the three of them thought everything will end there and then, a sudden knock on the door came. The sound of three knocks against the door caught their attention. Kazuto immediately stood up on his feet and began to make his way to the door.

"Older sister" Kazuto says, looking at her with an unreadable expression on his face. "Someone wants to talk to you."

Nodding her head, the older angel got up on her feet and made her way towards the front door, three people stood by the doorway. But the most notable one was the girl standing in front of two men who's hair is light red in color and tied it in a loose braid.

"Good evening and sorry for the intrusion, Takajo Ame."

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

A week prior to Ame meeting Denji,

Makima stood in front of a rectangular table while keeping her hands behind her back. Seated on the rectangular table before her were notable government officials who were awaiting for her report.

"You may now speak" one of them spoke to Makima.

Makima took a deep breath before looking at them each in the eye. "The angel hotline first rose as nothing more but a rumor over the past millennium, the rumor can be traced back in the Nara period*. Although there are no records of it at that time, we've dug deeper and found an older case dated back in the Heian* period."

"In the rumors, you have to be dying in order to meet Ame, or the wish angel. It is said that the wish angel will grant the person their dying wish. Although, the rumor could be a hoax because others reported that during their last minutes of living, they never saw an angel asking them for their wish."