Chapter 12 Floating Fragrance

As soon as he left the house, he saw a vague figure in the bamboo forest. Ye Yunlan’s mind moved and he quickened his pace. 

When he approached, he saw that the person was not Shen Shu. 

It was Rong Ran that he had not been seen in a few days. 

Seeing Ye Yunlan’s initiative, Rong Ran couldn’t help being overjoyed: “Ah Lan.” 

Ye Yunlan slowed down and did not respond. 

Rong Ran walked over, and naturally took his hand as he did countless times before, “Ah Lan, did you receive the mask I made, do you like it? That mask took me a lot of time to craft. If Ah Lan wears it, it will match your temperament very well.” 

Ye Yunlan: “Senior Brother doesn’t need to do this for me anymore.”

Rong Ran replied softly: “Ah Lan, you should consider the letter I wrote. I’ve already apologized, so why are you still irritated? If you continue to have a temper with your Senior Brother like this,  even if your Senior Brother loves you, Senior Brother will be sad.” 

Ye Yunlan didn’t respond. Rong Ran lifted up one hand to touch his face. He traced his facial features, and said softly: “Even so, Senior Brother still can’t let go of you…Ah Lan, do you know, Senior Brother really wants to hear you play another piece of music for me… ” 

Ye Yunlan lowered his eyes expressionlessly. Moving his wrist, he tried to break away from Rong Ran. 

It’s just that although Rong Ran’s voice was gentle, the strength he used to hold him was big. 

He thought about Shen Shu’s safety. He really didn’t have time to entangle with Rong Ran, so he said straightforwardly: “I didn’t finish reading the letter and I have thrown away the mask.” 

Rong Ran’s expression froze. 

“I still have something to do,” he said coldly, “Senior Brother Rong, please leave.” 

Rong Ran was silent for a while, the smile on his face slowly retracted. The smile in his eyes became bitter. 

He was originally a beauty with outstanding looks, so when he showed such a pitiful expression at this time, it looked extra pitiful causing people to want to spoil him.

“What in this world can be more important than the friendship between us that has lasted for so many years? Ah Lan, you are my savior. Not only that, you are also the Junior Brother whom I have loved and treasured for so many years. I care about you……” 

“If you think Senior Brother did something wrong, tell Senior Brother. Senior Brother will definitely change, you…just don’t get angry with Senior Brother, okay?” 

Rong Ran’s attitude was almost humble. His eyes were flushed as if about to shed tears. In this world there was probably no one who wouldn’t feel their heart in pain after seeing this.

Ye Yunlan only felt impatient. 

Under the three thousand long steps of the Sect in his previous life, it was Rong Ran who made him remember the truth. 

The human heart is the most unpredictable thing. Even with the grace of saving one’s life, it can be eliminated as if it never happened. 

It would be too ridiculous to talk to him about past feelings now. 

“Get out of the way,” he said. 

The look on his face was an indifference that Rong Ran had never seen before. It was like the ice and snow on the distant mountains that never melted, except for the tear on the end of his eyes.