Chapter 16 Bathing Together

Looking at the side of the water mirror, Chen Weiyuan said in a slow voice, “Half a month ago, the stars shifted and the celestial phenomena changed. As a member of my Chen family, although you have been away from home for several years, your skills in astrology should not have been abandoned. Tell your brother, what do you think of this?” 

Although his brother’s voice was very ordinary, even a bit gentle, Chen Xianyu still felt fear in his heart. 

He really has lived too long for his brother to actually ask him for his opinion. If he can answer the question, that’s fine. However, he can’t answer this question at all. 

Daily stargazing is a must-do activity for the disciples in the Chen family. 

However, performing the stargazing technique is tedious and time-consuming. He has been away from home for many years and has been left unattended, so he was usually quite lazy. In addition, he has been obsessed with painting the past half a month or so, thus he has completely forgotten it. 

…Anyways, it is his brother who sits at the center of the astrolabe. It is his brother who will inherit the Tianji Pavilion in the future. All affairs in the clan will be arranged by his brother. As for him, he can be a salted fish with a peace of mind who will obey his brother’s instructions to do things honestly. 

He never thought that his elder brother who was usually busy with things in the family, who had little communication with him, would suddenly come to him for questioning today. 

“Brother, I know it was my mistake.” 

Knowing that his laziness couldn’t be concealed, Chen Xianyu directly admitted his mistake. 

“Mistake?” Chen Weiyuan asked, “Your brother did not hold you accountable for anything, so why did you suddenly admit your mistake?” 

Chen Xianyu could only bitterly count his guilt: “I was lazy and forgot to do my daily stargazing homework, I didn’t even pay attention to major events such as the shifting of the stars. Not only did I fail to live up to my identity as a disciple of the Chen family, I also disappointed my brother. This is my big mistake.”

Chen Weiyuan calmly listened to what he said. He squeezed his fingers on the board, and said: “What else?” 

“…Huh?” Chen Xianyu was at a loss. 

Chen Weiyuan said gently: “Tian Xuan (Beta Ursae Majoris; name of a star), staying in Sky Sect for three years, it seems that you have been indulging in pleasure and forgot your home and duties. You have actually forgotten all the things that your brother has handed over to you to do.”

Hearing this, Chen Xianyu had his back drenched with cold sweat for a moment. He said hurriedly: “I, how would I dare forget what my elder brother instructed me to do…” 

He swallowed his saliva, “I have always remembered what my elder brother instructed. For the past three years, I have paid attention to the people around me. I have carefully observed most of the tens of thousands of Sky Sect disciples, but I still haven’t been able to find the reincarnation of the demon soul that my brother mentioned–perhaps, it is hidden too deeply…” 

“Thirteen years ago, the demonic star came to the world and swept across the West Continent and disappeared. Three years ago, it suddenly released its qi and was connected to the Eastern Continent’s Qingyun Mountain. I would not have made a mistake in calculation.” 

Chen Weiyuan held a black chess piece from the chess pot, he held it in between his fingers. “Since you said it was hidden deep and could not be found, then try to induce it to make a move——before the demonic star accumulates enough power and is completely born.”