Chapter 33 Life's Path

The moonlight was like water. 

Ye Yunlan no longer looked at Chen Weiyuan. He only calmly said to Xu Qingyue: “Daoist Xu, we seem to have never met before.” 

Xu Qingyue laughed, “Daoist Ye has never seen me before, but I have seen you…and I have seen your sword.” 

Ye Yunlan: “You have seen me and my sword? So what?” 

His tone was really cold, but Xu Qingyue seemed to be unaware of it. His face was still smiling and his eyes were extremely clear and brilliant. 

He was a more outstanding beauty than Rong Ran. He was remarkable. 3 points because of appearance, while seven points because of his tolerance and attitude.

Although Rong Ran was gentle and elegant, he appeared fake, a bit less vivid and lively. Xu Qingyue had a clear temperament. When he looked at people, he had an unconcealed clarity in his eyes, which was very direct. 

It made people want to catch all the stars in the sky for him. 

Xu Qingyue: “I am a sword cultivator like fellow daoist .”

Ye Yunlan: “Yes.” 

“Among sword cultivators, admiring other’s swordsmanship, isn’t it common to want to associate with them?” Xu Qingyue said seriously. 

Ye Yunlan: “I’m just a mortal with a sullen cultivation base. How can I be able to enter the eyes of this daoist.” 

“The level of sword dao is never based on cultivation.” Xu Qingyue shook his head, “I like your sword.” 

As he said this, he raised his eyebrows and smiled brightly.

He slowly drew out the long sword from his back and laid it in front of him. He flicked his fingers and the sword sounded loudly and pleasantly. “This sword is made of immortal cold iron, its name is Promise. It weighs more than a thousand catties. It has the ability to break yin and yang. Listen to it’s voice, it also likes you very much.” 

His two “likes” in his mouth made Chen Weiyuan’s eyebrows jump slightly. 

Sword cultivators who want to meet and make friends are usually more direct than ordinary people. Usually they would show their goodwill through their sword, then if the other party approves, everything else will be a lot smoother.

Ye Yunlan was a sword cultivator, but no sword cultivator in his previous life dared to get acquainted with him. And in this life, except for his disciple, he does not intend to associate with anyone. 

He quietly looked at Xu Qingyue a few times, then slowly pulled out his sword out of the scabbard. 

“This sword has the name queying.” 

Xu Qingyue praised: “The cold light is lonely and the edge is hidden. We sword cultivators have a common saying that a person is like their sword and their sword is like the person. I once saw fellow daoist show off his sword at the foot of Tianchi Mountain. I feel that fellow Daoist should be a lone person with a sword. At that time, I had reverence in my heart and wanted to get acquainted with fellow Daoist .” 

Ye Yunlan said coldly, “That’s because you were only watching at the time, but you never really faced my sword.” People who have actually faced his sword will not say such things as “had reverence in my heart”. They would only feel fear and disgust. They would treat him like a ghost and avoid him out of fear. 

Xu Qingyue blinked, a little puzzled, “What do you mean fellow Daoist?” 

Ye Yunlan looked at him quietly.