Chapter 18 Eavesdropping

Shen Shu’s five senses were several times stronger than an ordinary person.

His sense of hearing and his sense of smell. 

At this moment, he was hiding by the window secretly, sniffing the sweet smell. Then, he heard a faint sound coming from the room, his master’s low, repressed breathing. 

He seemed to be suffering. 

It was the morning, so the sun was shining brightly. The dizzying heat filled the cramped space by the window, and a layer of sweat broke out on Shen Shu’s back. 

He still couldn’t understand what happened in Tingfeng pavilion that would make his master lock himself in a room and not allow him to enter. 

He remembered that when he had helped his master to come back, the other party’s body was hot. 

Ye Yunlan’s body was fragile and his body temperature was lower than that of ordinary people. When he snuggled against him usually, it was like snuggling against a piece of jade that was soft and cold. 

But the other party was…now hot. 

Not only was he hot, but he was shaking. 

What is it that could make that cold and self-sustaining person tremble? A dark shadow spread to the window, eagerly trying to reach in for a closer look.

Shen Shu clenched his fists. He finally suppressed his thoughts, causing those shadows to retract into the corner. 

Since he almost exposed himself in the hot spring that day, he had begun to suppress this force.

If he can’t use it, then he shouldn’t use it again. 

He didn’t want to give that person any opportunity to dislike him. 

Shen Shu always knew that he was a monster. 

When he was born, he was called an evil spirit. His soul was already completely immersed in the yellow springos h*ll when he was thrown into the snake cave. 

But his master stretched out his hand to pull him from the yellow springs. 

He grabbed the man’s hand and climbed onto the shore. Amid the boundless flames, he saw the brilliance of the world. 

He was already trying very hard to be a normal person. 

To be a disciple that would meet that person’s satisfaction. 

He leaned against the outer wall of the bamboo building, listening attentively to the movement in the room, lest the person inside might disappear.

The sweet smell was more intense, haunting the tip of his nose. 

Lingering. 

——Ye Yunlan leaned against the bed. 

He was using his handkerchief to wipe the dirt off his hands, wiping every finger very carefully. 

After wiping his hands, the handkerchief was put aside by him. 

The unbearable irritability in his body still hadn’t completely faded away. 

He leaned on the head of the bed. He raised his head slightly. One leg curled up and one hand on his knee, he looked up. 

He didn’t move anymore.

Not until the abnormality in his body completely subsided. His blush faded from his face and the sickly paleness he usually had was even more conspicuous. 

His body was extremely empty. When he thought of what had happened in Tingfeng Pavilion today, his face showed a deep annoyance. 

Especially when he caught a glimpse of someone he didn’t want to see again in this life.