Chapter 13 Master

The bitter fragrance of medicine wafted around the medicine house. 

The bottom of the bronze medicine furnace on the high platform in the middle of the mountain was burning with vigorous fire. The blue flame rose, making a crackling sound. 

There was a withered and scorched willow tree beside the medicine stove. Several crows stood on it’s branch, staring directly at the two people passing by underneath. 

Yuan Yongzhi felt the deep chill of the sword point on his back. Cold sweat flowed down his cheeks drop by drop. 

Behind the willow, there was a narrow crack in the rock. 

The light was dim in the crevices. 

Ye Yunlan raised his sword and walked behind Yuan Yongzhi. He caught a glimpse of the sporadic dark red blood stains on the rock wall by the roadside, his eyes sank. 

This medicine house was full of strange things. 

Did Shen Shu grow up in such an environment? 

After walking through the cliff cracks for a while, the front became clear again. 

What appeared in front of them was a valley in the mountains.

The setting sun shone down, and in the dim red light, there was a bloody smell that seemed to have lasted a long time in the valley. 

A mountain breeze from nowhere blew by. 

It was obviously the warm spring season, but Ye Yunlan felt a little cold. 

At this moment, he heard a roar that didn’t sound like a human. 

He looked at where the voice came from, and saw a row of prison houses at the back mountain rock wall, dozens of them. 

“What’s in them?” he asked. 

Yuan Yongzhi swallowed and replied honestly: “This…it’s usually living creatures captured for refining medicine, such as spirit beasts and monsters. But sometimes Master will also use it for disciples who have committed some mistakes, to let them… reflect on it.” 

It was normal for a Master to teach their disciples. 

But keeping the disciples in such a place would be wrong. 

According to the principles of the Five Elements Feng Shui, this valley in the mountain was a place where Yin Qi converges in Qingyun Mountain. Such a place is prone to evil. For practitioners, it is easy to get possessed by evil spirits and fall into demonic ways.

Reflecting one’s misdeeds is to make disciples realize their mistakes, it’s not meant to ruin their humanity.

“Who is your master?” Ye Yunlan asked. 

Xue Zhong previously only told him the surname of the person in charge of the medicine house was Liu, but he did not tell him the specific name. 

Yuan Yongzhi wiped his sweat and replied, “Master Liu Qing.” 

Liu Qing.

Ye Yunlan frowned. 

It turned out to be him. 

He still had some impression of Liu Qing. 

It’s just that this impression was not made by him when he stayed in Sky Sect, but years after when he arrived at the Demon Sect. 

This person was originally an elder of Xuanhu Peak, from the inner sect of Sky Sect. 

In Sky Sect, Xuanhu Peak was also called Medicine Peak because most of the disciples who practiced on Xuanhu Peak were medical practitioners. Liu Qing was a well-known medical practitioner in Medicine Peak. The “Life-Returning Pill” he refined had the miraculous effect of regaining life and increasing longevity, which was hard to find in the world of cultivation.