Part 3 Oblivious Duke

Chapter 3

Oblivious Duke .

Duke ran all the way home that afternoon .

His heart was still thundering . His ears were ringing . His face was reddened with the thrill of this amazing discovery . He ran up to his room to change out of his dusty shorts. He washed his face and when he looked back at his reflection , he felt surprised . The same old grey eyes stared back at him .

He FELT transformed . He could still feel Piku's weight on top of himself , his arousal pressed against his thigh , his lips sparking fire over his chest . He could still smell Piku on himself and just the thought made his groan . He felt weak kneed and stood still , clutching the basin , staring at his starry eyed reflection . His flush returned once more and he smiled at himself , delirious with this novel realization .

It was possible ! His impossible feelings weren't his alone .

' Piku likes me too ! The same way I like him . ' He thought with joy singing in his thudding heart as he stared at himself .

'Duke , shona ? Are you inside ? Your Baba's calling you . Go see him right now , Babu !'

His mother, Asharani's singsong voice sounded outside .

Duke pulled himself together , trying hard to tamp down his constant smile .

He shouted out , 'I'm coming , I'm coming ,' and changed into proper clothes to meet Adhirajnarayan , his father , the zamindar , practically the king of Adityanarayanpur .

His father sat in his study across a massive Burma teak desk . He smoked a cigar and looked at him expressionlessly for a while . Duke stood in attention , his heart full of trepidation wondering exactly what he'd be punished for this time . Being called into this territory meant only one thing to Duke . A verbal lashing at best , a caning at worst .

The last time he was caned was because he was rude to his tutor and his back still stung from it when he took his bath . But he'd not done anything recently that could call for an audience into this forbidding presence .

A sudden picture of himself in Piku's arms flashed across his mind's eye . It made his heart thud so loudly that he was afraid his father might hear it . Taking a breath , he told himself to calm down . It couldn't be that .

Impossible ! He told himself . He tried to remember any other offence that would call for the summons .

He felt a little at ease since he couldn't see Shyama hovering nearby . With his growing independence he needed Shyama no more . But she was like a ghost appearing out of nowhere . She was always petting or scolding him like he were a child still . It was Shyama who complained to his father and kept him updated on every offence , whether it was real or a creation of her own mind .

When his father finally spoke , Duke jumped out his skin .

'I'm hearing from your mother that you're interested in Medicine . Are you serious about it ? ...... Do you wish to become a doctor ?'

All Duke could say was , 'yes Baba , I do '.

This was so unexpected . He was dreading the broaching of this topic . Scared that Adhiraj would insist on him being groomed for inheriting the zamindari as he was when his grandfather was still alive .

'Hmm , ok , you may study medicine . I'll have a talk with Mr Crane and get you a specialized science tutor to help you prepare .'

' There's no need for a tutor , Baba . Ashutosh sir has been guiding me and my scores are good eno... .'