Part 24 The gang Reunites

Chapter 25

The Gang Reunites .

Pagla and Godai came back from college  for the Puja break . They were enrolled in Serampore BD College in the faculty of science . Soon afterwards , they were joined by the last members of their group , Tilak and Shankar , studying IA in V.B College . They were scattered all over the state and getting together after months . The usual  madness ensued .

Godai said , ' Chol . Let's buy some drinks and sit on the riverside tonight and have a proper reunion .'

Tilak nodded . ' Let's stay up the whole night and greet the morning sun together .' he said .

' Yessssss !' Duke clapped his hands and jumped up , ready to be on his way right away .

' Idiots !! Who's gonna sell us alcohol ? School pricipal's son , school teacher's son , Zamindar's son , his pa's son , the local postmaster's son ...' Pagla said pointing at them one at a time .

Duke sat back down with a groan . Then all of them turned and looked at Pagla .

Godai said , 'you go !!! You can manage , can't you ?'

Pagla screamed , redfaced , ' are you crazy ? Our shop is right across the liqor shop !! Baba will kill me . No , he'll skin me and make a drum out of my skin and then kill me .'

Finally cutting the gloomy silence , Piku spoke up , ' fine , okay . Here's my idea . Let's go to Raigunj . It'll take us 2 hours by train . If we  go tomorrow morning , we'll be back by the afternoon . We can then stay up tomorrow night . What do you think ?' he looked at each of them as the boys stared at him in complete awe .

' Aaahhhhhh ... ' with a scream they jumped on him and pummeled him shouting .. ' Genius , you are a genius ....!!'

Piku lay on the ground laughing helplessly , trying to guard himself from the overwhelming exuberance of his friends . Duke laughed at the scrum as he sat next to Piku . He tried his best to guard Piku from getting a solid beating from them but failed .

Early the next morning , the 6 of them set off for Raigunj , where no one had any idea who's sons they were and neither did they care .

Godai said , ' aii Piku , you ask the TT about the store . We can't just walk around aimlessly looking for a shop selling juice .'

' Why me ?' Piku asked , perplexed . He had no idea how mature he looked now , with his face covered in hair .

' Because you look like our grandfather with that beard of yours .' said Pagla with a scoff .

'I won't go, get lost . You guys can make your own arrangements .' Piku said, miffed .

' Pikuuuu , please , my darling* !!!!' Duke said , grabbing his waist .

Piku jerked away and frowned at Duke . Hurriedly , he said , ' fine , fine . I'll ask .'

He found out from the TT that there was a shop selling foreign liquors just around the corner from the station .

They walked up to the shop and the group ground to a halt . They turned to Piku in unison .

' Again !! Not me again !' wailed Piku .

' Please , please ... Piku ..' Pagla pleaded with him .

' Please Pikuuuu !' Duke pleaded . He draped his arms around his neck and clung to him .

Piku glared at him and pushed him away .

Shankar added his own tuppence , ' you look at least 20 while all of us look 16 ! They'll never sell it to us .'