Chapter 1:The arcade

Running around his room, looking everywhere for some money. In the end, he only found three dollars.

Peaking his head out his bedroom door, seeing hopper had gone to work yet.

Seeing that he wasn't there, Sev started to make his way towards the front door. Unlocking all the locks, he was about to step out when someone called him.

Turning around he saw Eleven.
"Where you going, can't leave, hoppers rules"

"I know, no one will see me, I will only be an hour, Okay." He explained, giving her a quick goodbye, walking out of the woods and towards the arcade.

After a bit of walking, he made it to the arcade. Looking through the windows to see if there was anyone he knew, if he was he'd have to go home.

Seeing as the was no one, Sev walked straight to the dig-dug. Putting his quarters onto the machine, and one into it he put in a made-up name as his own.

After a long time, he was nearly at his highest score, when someone spoke behind him, making him lose concentration.

"You're really good" Sev sighed, Turing around to the person that made him lose.

When he turned around he saw a girl, with bright red hair and very blue eyes.

"Sorry, for making you lose." She apologised, with a soft chuckle.

"It's okay, I probably wasn't going to Marie it any further," he lied, not wanting to make her feel bad.

She stuck her hand out,
"I'm max."

Sev took her hand, using the name he put on to dig-dug.

"I... em Sam," with a small smile he let go of her hand.

"Are you still playing?" Max asked pouting towards the machine.

He shook his head.
Max smiled at him walking towards it and putting her coin in.

After seeing her die before she could get higher than Sevs he lightly laughed.

"Bet you can't get the high score,"

"And what if I do."

"I'll buy you ice cream,"

Max agreed, putting the coin in, his eyes widened when he saw how fast her score was going up. Signing, he shook his head knowing he is gonna have to buy her an ice cream.

After around ten minutes of Sev just standing there watching her play she died, sev moved forward looking over her shoulder.

He gasped, her score was 751300.
"How is that even possible," he asked her in shock. Still staring at the screen.

Max laughed, pulling on his sleeve,
"Come on, you're buying me an ice cream,"

"Yeah alright,"

Both of them walked out of the arcade, and towards the ice cream parlour. It was just a little walk.

They were making jokes the whole way. Max said something which made Sev laugh loudly, some people that were outside turned to him giving him a dirty look.

Looking forward sev saw his friends.
"Shit!"
"What, are you doing?"

He ran out of view, he was crouching behind a bin, seeing them walking away out of view, he got out of hiding and walked back towards max.

"What was that?" Max asked him, staring at him in confusion.

"Notting, I just saw people that.... em I don't like," he told her, with an unsure voice.

Not believing him, Max shrugged pulling him towards to ice- cream parlour.

Walking up to the glass where all the ice cream was, Sev turned to max.

"So, what do you want?"

Max scanned the ice cream, looking at all the flavours.

"I'll have the strawberry."

"Ew, that's disgusting," he told her, making a gagging noise

"What no it's not, what would you get," she asked him, pulling her off of his arm, and putting them on her waist.

"I don't know, cookies and cream, vanilla with marshmallows and chocolate syrup."

"I'll just have strawberry,"

Shaking his head he faced the man behind the counter, could I have a strawberry ice cream, please,"

"Tube or a cone?"

Turning to max, "What would you like?"

"I'll have a tube,"

"I'll have two scoops in a tube please, with two spoons,"

"Two spoons?" Max questioned, looking at him.

"I want to try the disgusting flavour."

"Here, that will be a dollar," taking the tube and giving it to max, he handed the mad the money. Following Max outside the shop.

He followed max to a wall where they sat. Max ate her ice cream, while Sev just sat there dangling his legs.

He turned to Max holding his spoon"Can I taste it?"

Nodding she held out the tube, digging his spoon, and he tasted the ice cream. Pulling a disgusted face, he turned to Max.

"What? Do you not like it?" Max laughed,

"No, how do you like it,"

After sitting on the wall, for a long time, sev noticed the Sky was getting dark, looking down at his watch, he saw the time hopper was on his way home.
"Shit!"

"What?"Max yelped.

"I have to go home," he told her, hopping off the wall and helping her down.

"Oh, do you want to do this again, tomorrow?"

"I would love to, bye Max,"

"Bye Sam,"

Sam, he forgot she doesn't know his name, he turned around and started to run home hoping he won't get caught.

When he got up to the caving he noticed hoppers van wasn't there, signing in relief, he went up to the door knocking.

"Come on el, open the door," he pleaded.

After knocking a little louder, she finally opened the door, walking in and loving it again he turned to her.
"I'm sorry for being long, I lost track of time,"

"No you didn't, I saw."

"Saw what?"

"The girl, you made a friend!" She yelled.

"Jesus calm down, it's only one person, just don't tell hop okay, I'll be goi g back down tomorrow I'll get you something, and I won't be back as late I promise," he promised her, walking into his room, getting changed into his pyjamas.

He hopped into bed hearing El go into her room, and hopper coming in. Sev felt bad for coming home late, but also excited that he made a new friend.

Closing his eyes he fell asleep excited for the next day

——————————————————————————————————-

Words 1068

This is the newer version, I wanted max and sev to have a closer relationship, so it's not like they are moving too fast ya know