Chapter 18

I stand before Tim's house, a little out of breath. I walked all the way down the hill from my place.

"Emily," he greets as he opens the door, "you're looking lovely today"

I smile and follow Tim inside. It's a much cooler temperature. I pull my camisole down over my jean shorts. I noticed this morning that some of my fitted clothes are starting to, well... not fit.

"I'm meeting with a new client a few hours drive away at another beach. So I wanted to ask if you'd like to look after the house for me."

I contemplate it silently before he continues. "You can help yourself to anything in the kitchen. I've made sure you'll have plenty of your favourite foods."

Despite having breakfast not too long ago, my mouth waters at the possibilities of food he's stocked in his fridge and pantry. "I'd be happy to," I nod, smiling.

"Great. You're familiar with the house so I don't really need to go over anything. It'll just keep my mind at peace that you're here. I've had a break-in in the past while I was away. But that's less likely to happen if it's occupied," he explains.

"I get it," I reassure him. As an exposed, beach-front property it made sense.

As we are now standing in the kitchen, I reach for the fridge doors. It's killing me to know what's inside.

"Emily," Tim stops me by covering my hand with his own. He's right beside me and he leans down, level with my ear. "What do you think you're doing?" He teases and I immediately blush, flustered.

"I-"

Tim spins me slowly towards him and pulls me away from the fridge.

"As soon as I leave it's all yours," he states, hoisting me up onto the counter top. I feel my top roll slide up a bit as I lean back on my elbows. Stood between my thighs, Tim plants kisses up my shoulder and neck.

"Are you okay?" I ask, giggling a little. Not that I'm arguing, but he's being a bit more forth-coming than usual. I like it.

He breaks away from my neck, making eye contact.

"Yeah," he says softly, "I'll just miss you. I know it's only a few days but I feel very deeply about you."

His words make me grin in happiness. I appreciate his vulnerability. "I feel the same way. I'll miss you just as much," I tell him truthfully. Leaning forward, I whisper in his ear, "I love it when you feed me."

Tim tenses momentarily at this and comes closer again. "You'll have to wait until I return," he whispers teasingly to which I pout and swing my legs.

He pulls away a little, meeting my eyes again. "Promise me you'll eat whatever you wish?"

My thoughts return to the fridge and I nod. "Promise."

He helps me down off the counter and I pull my shirt down once again.

"I better get going," Tim kisses my forehead and retrieved his bag from the counter top.

After kissing him goodbye, I turn my attention back to the fridge. Too my surprise, my stomach actually rumbles at the mere thought of what is behind those doors. I pull them open, revealing a plethora of items. On the shelf in front of me was an array of cakes, cupcakes and muffins. Above that I found a big lasagne that Tim had prepared earlier, and some berries, milk and cream; milk shake ingredients. I pull open the freezer to find a variety of ice cream flavours. My mouth waters.

A close the fridge and freezer and step towards the pantry. Inside there's so many snacks. Cookies, potato chips, chocolate, candy, biscuits.

Unable to resist, I grabbed a box of cookies and sat down at the counter. I might be a couple pounds heavier by the time Tim comes back.