Chapter 3

Ding dong!

My hand trembled with nerves as I pressed the door bell. Tim's house looked really nice and it had made me a little scared.

The door opened gently and there he was.

His eyes were bright. "Hey," he said.

"Hey," I replied. He was gorgeous. My nerves intensified.

Tim held out his hand and I gave him one of mine. He lead me inside. I followed him down the wide hallway which opened up into an open space with a kitchen to the left and a living area to the right. My eyes widened at the sight straight ahead. The beach!

"Oh my god I love this," I said as I walked past him up to the wall of glass.

"I thought you might," he smiled.

The second thing that peaked my senses was the delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

Tim saw me turn to the kitchen. "I've practiced my cooking skill over quarantine so I though I'd give it a shot tonight," he held his chin. "Though I can make no promises," he chuckled.

"Well it smells awesome," I smile at him.

"Shall we eat now then?"

"Yes please," I answer.

He pulls out a seat at the dining table in the middle of the room and gestures for me to sit.

Tim retrieves the cooking and also sits down, serving up two plates. My mouth begins to water at the delicious food he'd prepared.

Steak, a creamy potato mash, and garlic bread. I dig in when Tim does. It's so good. I could eat this all day.

"It's so good," I tell him.

"Thanks, I think my cooking ability has improved." He nods.

It falls comfortably silent for a moment as we both enjoy our food. The sun begins to set into the horizon above the ocean. It's beautiful.

"Remember to save room for desert. I've got chocolate ice cream."

I look up at Tim. "Don't worry, I will," we both laugh. "Ice cream is one of my favourite foods."

I continued eating. The plate that Tim had served me was kind of big. I was getting a little full but I didn't want to be rude so I pressed on, allowing the conversation to distract me.

"So Tim, what do you do?" I ask him. I'd been curious from the moment I saw his house.

"I own part of the marina here. It was passed down to me four years ago."

"Really? That's cool," I respond.

"Yeah, and what about you?" He asks.

"I lost my job because of the quarantine period but I used to work at the pet store." I admit, a little embarrassed. Who wants to date someone that's unemployed.

"I'm sorry you lost your job. A couple of my friends also lost theirs. So I understand." Tim offers a warm smile which put me at ease.

Tim speaks again, "I must mention. Are your profile pictures a bit old? Don't get me wrong, you're beautiful, more so in person." He clarifies.

I stiffened. Has he noticed my extra weight?

"Yeah, they were from before the lockdown. I don't really have any good recent ones. Sorry if that's mislea-"

"No, you're all good. I was just curious." He comforted.

With my attention brought back to my stomach, I realise I'm rather stuffed. I'd nearly finished the plate. A few more bites to go. I drank some water before proceeding.

As I chewed my last mouthful, Tim speaks. "Ice cream?" He asks. I nod in reply. I was pretty stuffed but I was also keen for some ice cream. It had been a while since I'd had it.