4. The Plan

"Look, Murdock, it would be best if you just leave me alone," scolded Xabiere as he turned his back . The alien wanted to gently tell his sidekick that his "plan" was over. He didn't want to make things any worse than it already was, for he foresaw that he'd make another scandal. 

Xabiere wasn't one who was known to have a vicious temper, but when provoked, his powers would easily lash out once it exploded.

As thoughts floated in his mind, he forced himself to believe the Earthlings probably didn't mean any harm. Maybe Earth would not attack Pluto after all, and it was all in his mind. He'd keep the secret of visiting the forbidden planet to himself.

If nothing happens, no harm done, right?

Thus, he placed one foot back and was about to turn around. Yet in the back of his mind, Xabiere gulped as a "frog was caught in his throat"- a sign of regret. He rubbed his hands together as he trembled.

A sudden pull distracted him from his reverie, as someone picked at the collar of his shirt.

"Hey, what's going on?" Xabiere shouted as he faced his attacker and placed his fat arms up, as they were ready for action.

"You're coming with me, Xab. No ifs, ands or buts!" Murdock yelled as he yanked his friend's tunic. "I followed you because I want to see the inside of the palace."

With his arms folded, Xabiere grimaced. "Well, what do you need me for, Dock? You're almost there! Go there yourself!" He lowered his hands and pointed them straight toward the guards.

And like an elastic rubber band that wouldn't budge, Xabiere used his powers to keep his feet glued to the purple carpet. Thus, Murdock couldn't move him any further.

"You're not playing that game with me again, XAB!" Murdock shouted  as he held a stronger grip to his companion's clothing.

Since Murdock was stronger than his friend, he could easily pick him up. However, because of Xabiere's alternating powers, Murdock couldn't carry him to the other destination, no matter how he tried. Thus, no one would win if they kept playing this game.

Last time the two Plutonians bickered, Xabiere accidentally used his powers to glue himself to a wall causing Murdock to call 666, the number to call for help if aliens were in danger. It took several Cosmo hours for the Plutonia medics to free Xabiere as it was a sticky situation! And to have tenacious powers like Spider Man didn't help him at all, but Xabiere learned to live with his scars.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xabiere's Amma, Cena, studied magic while she was pregnant with her pluton. As she experienced problems with her pregnancy; her brother's wife, Gloria, taught her how to use magic to ease her abdominal pain.

Like humans, an expecting amma endured "growing pains'' in her stomach; one that Cena couldn't bear anymore. Due to this matter, she visited Earth to meet her sister-in-law since Edmund told her about his wife's healing powers. Furthermore, there weren't any sophisticated doctors who could help her on Pluto. Thus, Cena had no other choice but to turn to her only reliable source; Gloria.

Cena had to disguise herself as she promised her brother not to reveal that they were aliens, so she turned herself as a humanoid. However, it was rather difficult for her to become a shapeshifter due to her large figure. But unbeknownst to her, wearing a costume during the 'magic ceremonial effects' caused her baby inside her womb to obtain wary repercussions. And that was how Xabiere became a special Pluton - one many took for granted because he was not only clumsy like his Appa, but magical like Cena.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"Xabiere Marion Khimuks!" A voice yelled from afar.

Pounding footsteps came toward the two feuding friends as it startled both of them.

For Xabiere, hearing his full name caused him to freeze in place like a mannequin, while Murdock tried to hold back his laughter as he heard his friend's middle name.!

"Oh Nunchucks! We've been found!" Blurted Murdock.

Looking back at him, Xabiere pouted. "As if you didn't want that to happen. You and your big mouth, Dock! Look what you've done!" he retorted back.

Instead of becoming angry, Murdock couldn't hold the laughter he held inside anymore and burst out giggling. "Marion? I didn't know you had a female middle name, Xab! Fitting for you since you are so indecisive!"

It wasn't something Xabiere was proud of. Since his Amma was hoping for a girl, she decided to name him that. His appa, could've said something, but Cena's husband was hardly around to put a stop to anything. Therefore, she went ahead and changed the name after her Pluton was born.

"Yes, I'm not proud of it, Dock, but my Amma named me that, okay? It's something for me to remember her by too. Have some respect!" Xabiere replied, but his eyes were now focused more on the shadowy figure in front of them. After feeling edgy, his knees started to shake, and felt sweat upon his brow.

Murdock sensed something odd was going on as the lanky guard repeated Xabiere's full name. And he wondered how the guard knew his friend, as Murdock didn't know how the two knew each other from the past.

It wasn't a joyful reunion, but Xabiere remained brave.  He read the name tag on the alien's uniform and nervously sounded the syllables out. "Sa - Saber?"

"Yes, it is I, young one. What are you doing here? Trying to spy on us again after all these years?" The guard asked in his deep tone.

A brief silence occurred as Xabiere's teeth stuttered, yet Murdock couldn't bear the stillness. Thus, he faced Saber and stuck out his hand as a gesture.

"What's up? I'm Murdock! Xabiere's friend. Nice to meet you! I'm afraid we haven't been properly introduced." The short Plutonian smirked at the guard. Murdock was hoping this funny greeting would lessen the negative energy surrounding him at the moment.

"Are you trying to be a funny dwarf? We don't have time for comedians!" exclaimed Saber.

Embarrassed for what his brainless sidekick has done, Xabiere facepalmed himself. Trying to find his voice again, he opened his mouth and managed to reason with the guard to save them from being punished.

Murdock frowned.

How dare he call me a dwarf ... Tower! I'd give him a piece of my mind!

But before Murdock could retaliate, Xabiere stared at him sternly, hinting Murdock to remain quiet.

"Pl - Please excuse my friend, Sir. Murdock can be quite looney at times, but he means well."

Automatically, Murdock heard what was said and put his foot down once he heard the word 'looney'. 

"What did you say Xab? Me, crazy? How about you? You easily change your mind at the last minute!"

Both Plutons put their hands up and were about to battle it out in front of Saber, when another loud voice intruded.

ENOUGH!