7. Open-ended questions

Rubbing his hands together, Fritz smirked as the two innocent faces stared at him. Thinking about what to do next with the two scoundrels disturbed him, but he needed to refocus on what to do next. He sat down on his throne and mentioned to his two guests to linger beside him.

"Follow me, Xabiere and Murdock. Talk among yourselves, sit down on the floor and enjoy the purplish scenery if you can." Fritz smirked as he tapped his fingers on the armrest of his royal chair.

Both Xabiere and his friend obeyed, yet they were still shell-shocked about how calm Fritz was. They expected a reaction from him, some form of panic to say the least, as to what the Earthlings were planning on doing. They were afraid to say anything more that would outrage Fritz, so they kept their mouths shut as they stared at each other. 

Fritz had other plans in mind, thus, he didn't have time to express those unwarranted feelings.

Earlier, Fritz planned on hypnotizing the two uninvited guests with a medallion that was locked away in the vertigo room. His intentions were to make them fall asleep and to send them into the dungeons. The idea of Pluto being blasted into tiny little pieces to him was rather absurd and to hear it from the son of his former babysitter made it even more comical. He didn't want to be reminded of his early days: where a kid remained young and juvenile.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fritz knew that the icy planet wasn't an ideal place to fly into if you weren't an alien with warm, slimy skin. Therefore, that was a reason why he refused to believe in Xabiere's hypothesis.

Could Earthlings travel to our planet that is a million miles away from the heating rays? Perhaps they would hide in such a disguise as fellow aliens. But it doesn't seem reasonable. Although it could happen, so I won't throw that idea away.

Putting his left hand on top of his forehead, he scratched his temple and closed his eyes.

Fritz instantly changed his mind on what he wanted to do since his conscience kept bothering him. It was as if his amma was contacting him from beyond the stars.

Fritz couldn't help it if he still had sinister thoughts upon his sleeves. After all, as the son of the great Ferdinand, ruler of all cold-like aliens, Fritz inherited his appa's cruel intentions. Many predicted he'd be like a barbaric Ferdinand who'd ask the guards to either imprison annoying guests in the dungeon to rest, since they would battle a wild beast the next day or fly them off out to the open areas in space to die. It was ruthless what his appa did, and it would make Fritz cry once he learned about it. He would often ask Ferdinand why he did such a thing, but the answer always turned out the same.

Because I can!

Then he'd leave his confused son alone and depart with a horrendous laugh. In truth, Ferdinand was heartless as his own grandfather was. Fritz learned that his kind had an evil reputation. It was hereditary and could not be broken. But the young ruler refused to believe that and was determined to do things his own way.

And as he was half-bred, Fritz knew he couldn't hold the grudge forever, for he also had a kind heart like his amma, who was quite the opposite of her husband. Fritz knew anger pains would give him headaches as it happened in the past.He didn't want to be like his appa.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As a child, Fritz thought ruling a planet would be a simple task, but learned that the daily job was stressful. Decision-making was the hardest thing of all such as dealing with finances. Making sure that all of his fellow Plutonians had enough on their "plate" was rather challenging. In addition to this, he didn't like the idea of asking fellow planet leaders for help. Justice from Jupiter and Stately from Saturn were bullies since they bragged about how they had so much land on their planets, while Menlo from Mercury and Upton from Uranus were useless rulers who didn't know much.