29. Sometimes Goodbye is a Second Chance

Have to get to the bottom of this. What's the catch Smith? Something's fishy around the corner and we're not gonna be your bait!

Adamant on getting an answer on why the two lawyers visited her crew, Martina tapped the shoulder of the first guard who approached her. Yelling at the top of her lungs like a spoiled brat, she expressed her anger.

"I want to see the warden, now!"

The prison guard was taken aback with her sudden outburst that he almost lost his balance. He grabbed onto an empty chair to steady himself, and stood his ground.

"Miss, that was uncalled for!" The guard tried to keep his voice down because he was told that new hires weren't allowed to talk to inmates on the job, since many prisoners have taken advantage of them. Thus, to prevent that from happening again, that rule was enforced.

However, the new gentleman, Dennison, felt sorry for the young woman in handcuffs that he ignored that regulation.

"Why would you do that, Miss? Warden's not on good terms right now. And to tell you the truth, I'm not supposed to be speaking to you, so be a good girl and be quiet," the prison guard whispered in his country accent.

Be a good girl, my ass! Obviously this guy doesn't know who I am.

Martina didn't care if he was supposed to remain silent nor did she want to let him know what she was up to in fear of further punishment. Yet, since she hasn't seen Dennison before, she decided to play a trick on him to get what she wanted.

Martina forced her eyes to open a little wider than usual and raised her eyebrows a bit, while sticking her bottom lip out. She tilted her head downward and looked upwards at the guard. Folding her hands together as if she were praying, Martina started the ruse she had in mind.

"Pretty Please, Mr. Handsome Guard. It would just take a moment. Can't you ask the warden to come over?" She asked while she batted her eyes.

Harley overheard what her partner was doing as she was on her way out the door and smirked. She knew what Martina was doing as her flamboyant ways was what got her attracted to the former disc jockey in the first place.

Although Harley wanted to stick around for the show, she knew she had to keep on walking out to the hallway, as the other guards were watching her every move. Harley kept quiet and decided to talk to her girlfriend afterwards about her prank.

Thinking she won Dennison over, the guard asked Martina to come with him towards the edge of the room.

She was told to sit down in the chair that was located in front of a rectangular desk that had a metallic bar built into it. Unlocking one of her handcuffs, the curly haired man hooked it to the centerpiece and let out a grunt while nodding his head.

"You shouldn't have done that. Do you think I'll fall for your tricks Miss Wade? Just because I'm newly transferred here, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. The warden warned me about you! So if you want to see him, you've got your end of the deal. He heard you loud and clear through my earpiece."

Not knowing that the guard had the device on, Martina put her head down as she now knew she was headed for trouble.

With a grin as wide as the Cheshire Cat, the warden walked in front of the guest room to announce his surprise to the delinquents.

The other guards who held Harley, Roman, Bonnie and Clyde followed him inside.

Puzzled, Roman jiggled his hand out of the prison guard's grip.

"Why did you lead us back in here?"

The warden ordered the guard to keep silent. Seeing that there could be more questions that need to be answered here, Smith decided to release his secret weapon.