5. Lightning Strikes Twice

"ENOUGH! BREAK IT UP!"

The alien wearing the black cloak put his arms out in front of Xabiere and firebolts came out of his wrists; causing an uproar.

"BOOM!"

The minute everyone heard that buzzing sound; they froze. Lightning struck as soon as Xabiere opened his mouth, alerting him that he was about to be punished if he didn't shut up.

Even the guard on duty was left in awe. With his mouth left open in the shape of an "O", Saber froze instantly as he knew he had been caught. Deep inside, the guard knew he was going to be penalized by the ruler since he broke one of the palace regulations. As he started to shiver, the alien under  the black cloak took off his hood as Saber closed his eyes.

He knew that the ruler of the planet wore that attire for a reason and that was due to the fact that no one outside of the premises was supposed to know what he looked like. Only those who worked in the palace knew how the ruler kept his physical appearance a secret.

With a stubby nose, an oval face, and wide-set squinty eyes like his father, Fritz could easily intimidate those who disobeyed him. And like a belligerent judge, he wasn't willing to listen to the excuses any Plutonians had. According to Fritz, his final ruling was the only one that was correct.

Fritz, a rather ambitious fellow, never left his throne unless he was needed or when he went to another room. Unlike his father who had a heart of stone, Fritz was more compassionate like his mother, Flora. But when provoked, his temper would flare up as if he had to be the center of attention and everyone else must remain silent.

Fritz took his long cane with him and pointed it toward the guard.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Saber's companion in fellowship, Blitz, contacted Fritz through telepathic mode once he got worried why his partner in crime didn't arrive back at his post as promised.

"Saber, go back to your post! You know the rules. You are not to leave the doors unattended. Blitz contacted me about the squabble going on here and I can take care of it on my own. Now go!"

Fritz raised his cane again as Saber was about to speak.

The guard wanted to state why he thought it was necessary to stop the nonsensical argument going on before the two fiends reached the Royal Doors, but it was too late. Saber would rather shut his mouth and scurry along than argue with his leader. So he nodded to Fritz like an embarrassed puppy and raced to his spot next to his post.

"Now what seems to be the trouble here? Blitz messaged to me that two uninvited Plutonians were causing havoc out in the hallway! That is why I had to come And see it for myself. And how dare you interrupt us while I was eating my supper!" Fritz roared as he faced the two innocent bystanders. With a smirk he looked directly into their eyes with spite.

As he shook in fear, Murdock walked up to hide behind his friend for support, and nudged him to speak up. Instead, Xabiere turned around in embarrassment and gradually shoved his friend away. After seeing these altercations happen before him, Fritz laughed.

"Has a cat bitten your tongue, young one? Show me your face!"

With a sigh, Xabiere slowly turned around. He was about to admit defeat, but Fritz beat him to the punchline. The leader pointed his hand toward him and knew there was something familiar about the alien in front of him.

"Aye, I think I know you, troublemaker! Saber once told me of a young pluton who entered the Royal gates, ruining it in the end. That was you, wasn't it?" He asked Xabiere as he grimaced.

Xabiere gulped as he admitted defeat. He might as well face this ridicule from Fritz; the baby that once was cared for by his own appa

Did Fritz remember Xenon? 

He even wondered how Fritz knew how he looked since it was eons ago.

"You must be wondering how I remember you," replied the alien with a crown that was revealed on top of his head.

As if the ruler had read his mind, Xabiere nodded. "Ah, it's quite elementary my dear troublemaker. Your portrait is hung upon the palace walls dedicated to criminals. Fritz never forgets a face! So, tell me again why are you here? And who is your friend you brought with you this time?" The superior inquired.

This time, Xabiere found his voice as adrenaline crept in his body as he became infuriated with his nemesis.

"My ... My name is Xabiere. I think you might remember who my Appa is as he was your Manny. His name was Xenon. And yes ... yes I admit I was that nosy Pluton who tore the side of the palace gates and for that I'm very sorry! I wanted to know what happened to my appa for I did not know at that time that he passed away." Xabiere frowned as he wiped a tear flowing down his cheeks. He assumed Fritz might punish him even more. But to his astonishment, the leader allowed him to continue by signaling Xabiere to continue on.

"Thank you my Lord for allowing me to continue."

Xabiere looked at Murdock whose pleading puppy dog eyes were hard to bear. He was figuring out how to introduce his friend.

How can I resist that look! Dock has always been there for me, when others weren't, so I guess I'll give him a break.

Putting his hand around Murdock's shoulder, Xabiere smiled. Even though his friend was quite a nuisance, Xabiere knew he didn't have the heart to let him down. He was also prepared to explain why they were able to enter the palace gates; hoping that they would not be asked to leave.

"My Lord, this is my sidekick and best friend, Murdock. We are here because we have heard that the Earthlings have come to destroy our planet. They have removed Pluto from their Planetary List!"

Walking back and forth with his hands behind his back, Fritz tried to figure out what to do next, for he too was appalled with this news. He wondered how Xabiere was able to obtain all this information. But first, he decided to go somewhere more private since this situation was quite confidential.

"And how did you get past the guards at the entrance? I'll surely give a talk to them about allowing commoners without identification."

There weren't any words coming out of Xabiere's mouth as he actually didn't see anyone at the front gates, so no one was able to prevent him from going in, but Fritz didn't wait for an answer. Tapping his foot, the leader put his hand on top of his forehead.

"Before we continue, come and follow me. We can talk more about this news inside my chambers."

Murdock was satisfied with that answer and gleefully took Xabiere's hand, so they could step forward. However, his better half knew that there must be a catch to this, and could see it in Fritz's eyes.