27. Guinness Book of World Records

Once Garreth Lewis shared his feedback he and his colleagues agreed upon, Dr. Cider wondered if what his brother-in-law told him was true.

It was years ago, when Adam's ex-wife left him, so could Lewis still be that manipulative?

Silas faked a smile as Lewis spoke. But underneath it all, Dr. Cider's mind was not.

The information that came out of Lewis' mouth was news he could no longer focus on, as Dr. Cider had second thoughts due to Lewis's sly grin. And to his surprise, it looked like his two co-workers were intently glued to agreeing with the villain's plan.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"My colleagues and I in SPANA Headquarters believe that it would be best if we ask prisoners who are willing to go to space and be the first ones to place the US flag on Decaorb. We figured that instead of them getting a trial that could last for days on end; flying them off to space will give them some time to think about the consequences of their crimes they committed. And hopefully when they come back to Earth, he or she will become a changed person!"

HOPEFULLY ? A CHANGED PERSON? Those are the key words! Are you for real? Just tell the truth Lewis, I think you mean SPANA will leave them there, aren't they?

Dr. Cider tried so hard to hide his smirk by pretending to cough, but Lewis caught a glimpse of Silas's reaction and winked.

"I know you all might think this thought of ours is ludicrous. But please hear me out,the actual idea isn't that preposterous as you all might think, as prisoners were foolish in the first place to even take in such mayhem. Yet, they got caught in the end. Sending untrained individuals off to space is indeed risky, but they need time to reflect on what they did and know that they need to shape up. And what better way to do it, but send them off to space! Besides you three did mention earlier that you wanted foolish travelers to land on the undiscovered orbit, did you not? So there you are!"

Lewis's cunning remarks due to Dr. Cider's facial expression were a bit reasonable, but it wasn't sincere. It sounded more like he was blaming the greedy scientists for his evil intentions.

Silas's eyes blinked in disbelief.

It's still a Crime! It's illegal! It's ...

"Don't worry Dr. Cider, I know that look. It's not illegal as I cleared it with officials and they gave me the 'go ahead with the plan' signal! I know how you must feel as this will be the first time this trial has ever been done with prisoners. I promise you no harm will be done, and we will have their consent as well."

Go ahead, signal, my foot! That was not our original agreement. You'd kill those prisoners Lewis!

Dr. Cider wanted to challenge him on this issue, but couldn't blurt out what was on his mind.

It was if Lewis wanted full advantage of the mission and become the soul discoverer of the planet they agreed on naming Decaorb.

The trio originally told him what they were planning to be named in the Guiness Book of World Records after they heard the news about the planet. Dr. Cider didn't think that SPANA would want some credit as well. And in his mind, he believed that was what Lewis wanted.

So conniving!

Dr. Cider also wondered if Lewis knew he was related to his former rival. If Lewis knew Williams was still around, it would mean this would be his payback time to get even.

This was not our agreement at all, I'm not a killer! But it seems like Dr. Jones and Dr. Fields are under his spell as they nod their heads in agreement.