𝑁𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑎ℎ

"Nokiah Erykah Willis! Where the hell have you been?!"

I groaned and rolled over to see a furious Latoya. Jesus Christ. I rolled back over and stuffed my head in my pillows.

"Leave me alone, Toya."

"Absolutely fucking not. I've called and called. I sent you text message and text message and you never replied!" She threw the pillow across the room and sat next to me on my bed.

I'm really regretting giving her a spare key.

"I thought you were dead." She whispered. "Two days without a sign from you."

I glared at her. "I'm fine! I'm alive and well. "Honeymoon is alive and breathing." There's no need to worry."

"This is not the time to quote Lana Del Rey."

I laughed. I was surprised she even paid attention to my long rants about how much I loved Lana. I really shouldn't be mad at her, she was just doing her duty of being the concerned friend.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I should've texted you back." I kissed her cheek, our way of apologizing. "Do you forgive me?"

Latoya blushed. She hated physical touch for some reason yet never seemed to hate mine. "Of course I forgive you, fucker." She flicked my temple. "Just don't disappear on me like that ever again."

I smiled. I didn't know how I was going to tell her I was going to disappear again. Especially with a boy I had just met two days ago. But we were both adults and I never questioned her scandalous impulses. She shouldn't judge mine.

"Latoya. I need to tell you something." I picked the skin around my fingers. A few seconds later she took my hand in hers.

"I don't like it when you say that. It means something bad."

I shook my head. "It's not. It's good actually. I'm going on a trip. I've saved all my money and it's summer now, and you know I was never a big party girl and I wouldn't want you to miss out on all your fun to hangout with me."

Latoya stood up excitedly. "YOU MET A BOY!" Didn't you!" She pointed her finger at me, a wicked smile on her face.

How the fuck did she know that.

"How in the hell did you know?" I laughed.

Latoya placed a hand on her hip. "Uh maybe because I practically invented that trick. Remember when I went to Cancun for the summer last year? Yeah I went on a two month long trip with this guy I met when I was a counselor at summer camp."

My mouth dropped. "You dropped me for a camp counselor? I had to go the Frank Ocean concert with Myra Burkes." I threw a pillow at her. Myra Burkes was my second cousin. We didn't talk much but had similar tastes in music. Plus our parents wanted us to get along. "She kept stepping on my feet the entire time!"

Latoya shrugged. "I'm sorry, you know what I was going through with my ex and shit. I just really needed a rebound. Besides he had loads of money, not to mention the sex was incredible. He did this one thing with his t-"

"Ah aha! I don't want to know the explicit details of your sex life." I raised my hands to hush her, which she reluctantly did.

"So are you going to tell me who it is?" She picked up one of my shirts and stuffed it into her tote bag. She had a bad habit of taking my clothes and never returning them. I didn't care, they looked better on her anyway.

"His name is Ezra Grayson." I smiled, thinking back to last night. The light reflecting on his eyes, the flush in his cheeks. The way his dark hair covered his eyes and how no matter how many times he pushed it back, it still flopped down.