Nokiah

I felt like my heart was in my stomach. Dorian stood there  with his smug, fake smile on his face. His eyes quickly cut from me to Ezra, his mouth open as if to say something but before he could, Ezra lunged at him.

"I swore I would fucking killed you and you decide to show your face here?" Ezra growled pinning Dorian's shoulders to the ground. He didn't let Dorian say anything before his fist made contact with his face.

"Are you fucking with me? He's fucking with me, right?" Dorian laughed spitting out blood, his eyes locked in with mine from behind Ezra. "Kiah! Tell him!" He pressed his hands against Ezra's chest, pushing him onto the ground. Stumbling to his feet, Dorian tried to make his way to me.

Shaking my head I grabbed onto Clarissa's arm for support. "I-I didn't." I whimpered, tears forming in my eyes.

"You didn't what? Text me? Telling me to meet you here? You're telling me you didn't do any of that?" Dorian's eyes were laced with fury and a growl formed in his throat.

I shook my head again. "No! Why would I do that? I hate you! After what you did to me? Why would you even think I would want to see you?" I grabbed hold of his shirt while Clarissa held my other arm.

"You almost fucking killed me. You almost killed Ezra." I said baring my teeth.

"Wait..." Delilah finally spoke from her corner of the room. "You almost killed...Ezra?" I could almost see the fear in her eyes as they darted from Dorian to Ezra to me.

"Shut the fuck up, Delilah! This is all your fault. You texted him, you brought him here!" It took everything in me and Clarissa's hold on me to keep me from throwing myself at him. I could strangle her.

"I-I didn't know. I thought he was just a jealous ex boyfriend." She fumbled with her fingers and her eyes were glued to the floor. "I thought I could use him to get Ezra back." She sighed. "I thought that if he saw that you weren't as perfect as you seem that he would finally come back to me."

"So you brought an abuser here? And you think I'd go back to you?" Ezra took a cautious step towards her. "I told you we were done, nothing you could do would ever make me want to be with you again. You only care about yourself."

"Wait, you didn't invite me here?" Dorian asked.

"Of course fucking not. The last time I saw you, you had a fucking gun to my head!" I let out a sob and buried myself into Clarissa's arms. I just wanted it to end, for him to go away. I wanted this to all be a fucking bad dream.

"Look, Kiah, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I was drunk. You know I would never hurt you?" He placed his hand on my shoulder causing me to jump.

"No! You don't get to fucking touch her." Ezra lunged at Dorian, pinning his shoulders to the pillars. "If you touch her one more time, I swear to fucking god, she'll be the last thing you touch."  Ezra leaned closer to his ear and said something inaudible.

Dorian straightened his back and without looking at me he walked out of the door. I let out a sob of relief and pulled myself from Clarissa. Feeling Ezra's arms wrap around me I felt a sense of security. His heartbeat against my ear was like a rhythmic drum, calming my nerves; calming my own heart.

"Can we leave?" I whispered. "I don't want to be here anymore, I just want to go. Please." I whispered against his chest.

"Of course, let's get out of here." Ezra guided me towards the door without so much of a look to Delilah who was still hovering in her corner. I glanced back at Clarissa and gave her smile of thanks. When we reached the door I heard her turn to Delilah.