Chapter 1

A young blue-eyed brown hair woman looked into the eyes of the headmistress compelling the woman to give her a class schedule. "You will see right there, that all my immunizations and transcripts are updated. You will let me attend classes here and you will give me the same class schedule as Rebekah Mikaelson."

The headmistress looked away before opening the cabinet door and pulling out a piece of paper before handing it to the girl with a smile. "Here you go. Enjoy your first day."

"Thank you. I will" the brunette girl stood up and made her way out the door. She made a quick pit stop at the girl's bathroom. She looked in the mirror taking deep breathes, she noticed a blonde girl behind her looking at her with concern etched on her face.

"Is everything okay?" The blonde girl asked.

"I'm fine. Just nervous. Being the new girl at school isn't fun, especially if it's in a small town." She effortlessly lied to the girl. She was nervous but not because of school.

The girl nodded before holding her hand out.

"I'm Caroline Forbes. Being the new girl sucks but you can sit with my friends and me during lunch if you like."

The girl grabbed her hand shaking it before letting it go.

"I'm Jasmine Ge- I'm Jasmine Garcia." Jasmine stumbled out as she moved her hand through her hair tugging on it a little when it got caught in a knot.

"It's nice to meet you Jasmine. Is that your class schedule? Let me see" Caroline told her before taking the schedule from her hands. She skimmed it over before handing it back to the girl.

"We have math, history, and English together. Come on! History is about to start." Caroline said grabbing Jasmines' hand and dragging the girl behind her.

When they arrived she noticed the only empty seat was next to another blonde girl who seemed to be throwing insults at a brunette girl.

Jasmine moved to sit next to the blonde girl, trying her best to ignore her.

"I'm Rebekah Mikaelson, charmed I'm sure" her British accent rang through as she introduced herself to Jasmine.

Jasmine examined her. She had blue eyes, and long blonde hair and she appeared to be tall. Well taller than Jasmine, which wasn't saying much considering Jasmine herself measured a little bit below five feet and one inch. This was Rebekah Mikaelson, Jasmine didn't know what she was expecting her to look like but either way, she was beautiful. She noticed she was staring and that Rebekah was waiting for her to introduce herself.

"I'm Jasmine Garcia." She simply told her as she pulled out her notebook to take notes. The history teacher walked in before writing on the board. Jasmine could feel Rebekah stare at her throughout the class.

When lunchtime rolled around, Caroline made good on her promise, she let Jasmine sit with her and her friends. She noticed there was a brunette guy, whom she later learned to be Stefan. Two brunette girls, Bonnie Bennett and Elena Gilbert sitting with them. Jasmine could sense that Stefan and Caroline were vampires and Bonnie was a witch. A very powerful one at that. Elena appeared to be the only human in the group, that was before she was introduced to a guy named Matt Donovan. Jasmine off the bat did not like him.

"So Jasmine, where are you from?" Elena asked her as she picked up a fry from her plate and ate it.

"I'm from New Orleans."

"Why did you move to mystic falls?" Jasmine had to think about that answer. She couldn't tell her the whole truth. So she told her a half-truth, instead. She hated being dishonest, which she seemed to be doing a lot lately.

"I have family in town. I wanted to spend some time with them."

"You do? I don't think I know any Garcia's in town."

"Yeah, they tend to keep to themselves. They don't like to mingle with the town folks."

Elena seemed satisfied with her answer and went back to her conversation with Bonnie.
Caroline was chatting Jasmine's ear off, she didn't mind though. She was starting to like Caroline.

"You should try out for the cheer squad! I'm the captain, and I would definitely let you on the team." Caroline suggested to her as Jasmine took a sip from her water.

"I never did any clubs or sports at my old school. But I would love to give it a try!" Jasmine told Caroline. She didn't do any clubs or sports, but that was because her father homeschooled her.

"Great! I just have to talk to the new coach, but he should be able to let you try out. Tryouts will be Thursday. You can stop by my house tomorrow after school and I could help you with the routine." Caroline told her grabbing a piece of paper from her backpack to write her number and address down for Jasmine.

Jasmine took the paper from Caroline and quickly put it away.

"Thank you, Caroline. Hopefully, the routine isn't too hard to learn." Jasmine laughed out.

The rest of lunch went by fast. Jasmine made her way to her car. She pulled out her phone and sent Caroline a quick text before driving off to the apartment she compelled for herself.

Once inside the apartment, she threw her bag down and sat on the couch. turning the tv on and flipping through channels until she settled on one that had some cartoon on. Her phone buzzed. Jasmine looked at it noticing it was her father calling her. She grabbed the phone answering it.

"Willow Jasmine Gerard, where are you? Diego said he saw you pack a suitcase and leave New Orleans. Is that true?"

"Yeah, I did. I'm eighteen, I'm out looking at colleges. You know I want to major in English." She lied to her father. Her father was the king of New Orleans, Marcel Gerard.

Her father adopted her as a baby. Jasmine's mother gave her up when she was a baby.
If her mother wasn't religious, she would have been aborted.

Her mother Thalia Garcia was a werewolf, the alpha of the crescent pack in New Orleans. She gave Jasmine to Marcel in hopes that he would kill the baby. But Marcel had a big rule on not hurting children. He ended up cursing her and her entire pack to their wolf forms unless it was a full moon. Thalia wanted her child dead, because of who the child's father was. She thought the baby to be a demon spawn and wanted nothing to do with it.

"There are nice colleges in New Orleans. You don't have to leave town to go to college, Willow."

"Yeah, but I wanted to take a break from the supernatural world right now. I just want to pretend to be normal for a while." She lied to her father. The truth is, she wanted to get to know her biological family. But when her father finally told her who her dad was, he made it clear he didn't want Willow to seek him out.

She loved being a tribrid. Although she was a siphoner witch, she didn't mind though. She loved being able to take magic from others, it made her feel powerful.

"Willow, you are a tribrid. You will never be normal." She could hear him sigh on the phone before continuing. "Alright fine, you can continue your search for colleges. But you better call, at least twice a day."

"I will, Daddy. I love you."

"I love you too, Willow," Marcel said to her before hanging up the phone.